Thursday, July 6, 2017

Notoriously Morbid Calling Corners Palette Swatches and Review


Hello, everyone!  I'm extremely excited to share swatches of Notoriously Morbid's Calling Corners pressed eyeshadow palette!  This beauty was inspired by The Craft and was actually released in loose eyeshadow form in the first ever Vanishing Cabinet over three years ago!  The palette features the four shades that were released back then as well as a brand new palette-exclusive shade!  The collection also includes an exclusive Mystic Matte and Cosmic Lip Gloss.  The palette is currently up for pre-order on the website until July 7th.  Semi loose versions of the initial four shadows are up for sale on the site as well.  NM's current TAT is 14 business days and the palette is slated to ship starting from the last week of July to the first week of August.

Disclosure:  I am a promoter for Notoriously Morbid and received this palette free for review.  All opinions are honest and my own.

As stated in my disclosure above, the palette was sent to me for testing before the actual pre-order was made available.  There was no issue with the packaging since my palette arrived in pristine condition with no broken eyeshadows.  I did notice a tiny dot of the red shadow (Fire & Feeling) being mixed into some of the other shadows.  It's not a huge issue and has been reported to the owner, Carrie, so I believe it'll be fixed before the pre-ordered palettes begin shipping out.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Front of palette

Back of palette with shadow names and ingredients


Mother & Earth
Mother & Earth:  brown with gold sparkles and green shimmers.  It looks a bit patchy over regular non-sticky primer, but it performs completely differently in person.  I've used this on my lower lashline with no sticky primer and it went on extremely pigmented and retained all of its sparkles!  




Air & Invention
Air & Invention:  icy blue with gold sheen and red and green shimmers




Fire & Feeling
Fire & Feeling:  beautiful red with slight orange sheen




Water & Intuition
Water & Intuition:  aquamarine with green shimmers.  You can see the dot of Fire & Feeling that I was mentioning before.  I believe it's just a surface error and wasn't actually pressed down into the entire pan.  It doesn't bother me at all because it's small and won't be there on the actual release.




We are the Weirdos
We are the Weirdos:  eggplant with blue green duochrome.  This is the brand new palette exclusive shadow and is gorgeous and mysterious.  I tried to take a good picture that showed off the duochrome.  It's much more apparent in the swatch picture and if you look closely at the product shot, you'll see a slight transition from purple (top) to blue (bottom).


Mother & Earth, Air & Invention, Fire & Feeling, Water & Intuition, We are the Weirdos

Overall, I was really happy and impressed with the quality of this palette.  As you can see, they work well over regular primer, but I use a sticky base with all my shadows either way.  I did find that synthetic flat eyeshadow brushes didn't pick up product too well and I had to swipe over the eyeshadow a few times to get enough product onto the brush and onto my eyes.  I used a combination of small smudge brush, angled liner brush, crease brush, and blending brush for my eye look and only a flat eyeshadow brush gave me a problem.  

I've done a few looks using only the palette and will feature them on my Instagram @infamousjoe.  I absolutely love this palette and how bright and punchy the colors are.  The shades really tie in with the elements they are inspired by.  I strongly recommend pre-ordering this palette if you haven't already.

- Jolie ♥

1 comment:

  1. We Are the Weirdos!! *_* That shade and Fire & Feeling are the only shades I'd really use from the palette though, so it's not worth ordering for me :( I'll just have to enjoy seeing you use it in your looks!

    ReplyDelete