Saturday, March 25, 2017

Notoriously Morbid March 2017 Vanishing Cabinet (Apart of the Story) and Mini Haul Swatches


Welcome back, everyone!  I actually have two Notoriously Morbid swatch posts in one today!  The first will be the March Vanishing Cabinet, which was inspired by the wonderful and classic Neverending Story.  It was a movie I remember watching many, many years back on the VHS and still remember it fondly.  The VC included three mini eyeshadows and one deluxe sized Mystic Matte liquid lipstick.  

The second part contains my mini haul which only includes March's Color of the Month, the surprise Gift with Purchase, the reemergence of customer favorite shadow Silent Samurai, as well as two pressed versions of customer favorite highlighters!  NM's current TAT is 14 business days, though the shop is currently on a week long break, I believe.  The VC ships on a completely different schedule which depends on your billing date.

Disclosure:  I am a promoter for Notoriously Morbid and purchased some products using a promoter discount.



Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Luck Dragon
Luck Dragon:  white with blue shimmers




Swamp of Sadness
Swamp of Sadness:  ocean green with green sparkles




Great Warrior
Great Warrior:  brown with gold sparkles and red and green shimmers






Bare lips
Moon Child
Moon Child on face
Moon Child:  nude with red sheen.  Moon Child is basically the perfect concealer/nude on me if I ever needed one.  I usually don't, but I appreciate that it's not lighter than my skin tone.  It actually applies lighter straight from the tube, but dries down a bit darker (which I appreciate).  While this isn't a color I've ever worn, I'm actually glad it worked out for me and is in my arsenal in case I ever need such a nude.  Nudes are notoriously hard to create since they look different on everyone and I'm thankful this is wearable for me.  I hope NM releases more nude browns in the future.


Luck Dragon, Swamp of Sadness, Great Warrior, Moon Child




Silent Samurai
Silent Samurai:  pigmented shimmery blue with purple glitter.  This was the fan favorite shade that was brought back from a previous VC.  I believe it's supposed to be slightly semi loose this time around.  I definitely notice a difference in the pigmentation and wow factor of the new formula.  It's gorgeous and I'm so glad I picked it up when it returned.




Breaking Porcelain
Breaking Porcelain:  blue with pink sparkles and green shimmers.  This was March's CotM and extremely beautiful.  The sparkles and shimmers show up so much better in person and is breathtaking.  I think this would pair up with Silent Samurai gorgeously for a beautiful starry skies look!




#basic
#basic:  semi loose antique taupe with red shimmers.  Now this was the surprise GWP that came with the order.  I don't believe it was hinted at or even mentioned at all that a GWP would be included, so it was pretty wonderful to receive.  I love the semi loose formula because it makes this shadow almost metallic.  The name is also a misnomer because it's anything but basic ;)




I Burn, I Pine, I Perish
I Burn, I Pine, I Perish:  ivory highlighter with strong red sheen; swatched heavily over bare skin.  The pressed version of the highlighter has a very creamy texture.  They also come with a rose pattern embossed onto them.  Unfortunately, both of my highlighters arrived slightly cracked, which I'm assuming is due to air bubbles.  The highlighters were packaged very well and none of them shattered, there were just a few holes here and there.  I've been pressing eyeshadows for a long time and experienced such holes in my early stages of pressing when I wasn't aware of air bubbles popping after they dry.




It's Only a Dream
It's Only a Dream:  warm champagne highlight; swatched heavily over bare skin.  Again, this has a very creamy texture.  I look forward to using both highlighters soon.


Silent Samurai, Breaking Porcelain, #basic, I Burn I Pine I Perish, It's Only a Dream

Overall, I'm very happy with my orders.  I'm so impressed with how great Silent Samurai looks and hope many people got their hands on it.  #basic was also a nice surprise and I can see myself wearing it often.  I'm very excited to start using those highlighters as well because I love their loose counterparts.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment