Thursday, January 26, 2017

Hello Waffle January 2017 Visage - King Arthur Swatches and Review


Welcome back, everyone!  I have swatches of Hello Waffle's first Visage box of the year!  It was inspired by Arthurian legends (one of my favorites!) and contains three full sized eyeshadows, one slimline lipstick, and one full sized blush from Glamour Doll Eyes.  Hello Waffle's current TAT is 10 - 15 business days, though the Visage runs on a different schedule.





Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Cast in Stone
Cast in Stone:  pale pink with green shimmers




Of Equal Status
Of Equal Status:  matte taupe




Lady of the Lake
Lady of the Lake:  green with gold and green shimmers




Age of Chivalry
Age of Chivalry:  extremely pigmented warm pink blush with gold and red shimmers.  This was an exclusive blush created by Glamour Doll Eyes for this subscription box.  I found it to be too pigmented for my tastes and a bit hard to blend away.  I dipped my stipple brush in once, tapped off the excess, and it was still too much product and resulted in clown cheeks :/  I recommend using an extremely light hand with this one.






Bare lips
Holy Grail
Holy Grail on face
Holy Grail:  nude lipstick with gold shimmers.  This is a beautiful color, unfortunately it was too creamy and slippery.  It would apply patchily and "erase" over itself if I tried to layer it for more opacity.  Rubbing my lips together would also push the product into the outer edges of my lips.  The owner, Christine, had been notified about the problem and has offered everyone a refund or replacement lipstick.

Cast in Stone, Of Equal Status, Lady of the Lake, Age of Chivalry, The Holy Grail

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment