Thursday, December 1, 2016

Notoriously Morbid November 2016 Vanishing Cabinet - Power of Three Swatches and Review


I'm really excited to be showing the swatches of Notoriously Morbid's November Vanishing Cabinet!  It was inspired by the TV series Charmed and included three mini eyeshadows, one mini highlighter, and a lip gloss that was actually a part of the last Vanishing Cabinet.  NM's current TAT is 10 - 14 business days, but the VC operates on a different schedule.  I really enjoyed this box and wore all the products on my face together!  The eyeshadows were all in the purple family which I don't usually prefer, but the purples in this box were great!


Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


The Wicca Wonder
The Wicca Wonder:  dark royal purple with pink sparkles and blue shimmers.  This was inspired by the oldest Halliwell sister, Prue.  I actually didn't watch any of the seasons with Prue in them, so I can't really comment on her character :x




Heart of the Family
Heart of the Family:  gray lavender with gold sparkles and pink shimmers.  This was inspired by the second sister, Piper.  I think Piper may have been my favorite sister along with Phoebe.  Heart of the Family is pretty unique in my collection and I love the pink shimmers!




Spell Caster
Spell Caster:  medium blurple with gold, red, and green shimmers.  This was inspired by the third sister, Phoebe.  I think I only liked her character because of Alyssa Milano haha.  Also, I really loved her and Cole together :(




Whitelighter Witch
Whitelighter Witch:  absolutely beautiful pale gold highlighter with red shimmers.  I believe I accidentally swatched this over primer, instead of over bare skin as I normally do with face products, oops!  This was inspired by the youngest (half) sister, Paige.  It's an amazing highlighter with such a beautiful gold sheen.  NM brought it back in pressed form for Black Friday and you can bet your bottom dollar that I picked up one of those!  I would've tried getting a loose one in their overstocks and pressed it myself if I needed to.  Trust me, you NEED this.






Bare lips
You'll Need a Mop
You'll Need a Mop:  moderately opaque dark red gloss with pink shimmers.  As stated above, this isn't part of the Power of Three set and instead part of the Nightmare on NM Street set from last month.  I absolutely love it, the formula is very moisturizing and comfortable.


The Wicca Wonder, Heart of the Family, Spell Caster, Whitelighter Witch, You'll Need a Mop


Bonus EotD and FotD!

Heart of the Family (inner corner), Spell Caster (lid), The Wicca Wonder (outer corner and lower lashline)

Whitelighter Witch (cheek highlight) and You'll Need a Mop (lips)

This has got to be one of my favorite VCs so far!  I love how the eye look turned out and love each individual shade.  I wore the entire look to work the next day and my coworkers asked if I were going on a date later.  I'm taking that to mean I looked nice :P  I can't wait to get the pressed Whitelighter Witch and hope NM releases more pressed face products in the future!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment