Thursday, September 8, 2016

AFK Cosmetics August 2016 CotM Duo and Pokemon Go Highlighters Swatches


I'm really excited to finally show swatches of AFK Cosmetics' August CotMs and their new pressed highlighters!  The highlighters are inspired by Pokemon Go's three teams and were released before the CotMs.  Anyone who ordered the highlighters were asked to put their favorite team in the order notes and the winning team would be the inspiration for the CotM.  It was no surprise that Team Mystic won (by one vote, actually) and AFK created not one, but two eyeshadows inspired by the team leader, Blanche!  AFK's TAT is currently 7-20 business days and I received my order within the TAT.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right)


Blanche
Blanche:  ivory with gold sparkles.  This color seems to be inspired by her ivory hair.




Evolution
Evolution:  pink tan with blue sparkles.  This shade is inspired by her skin color.  It actually almost blends into my skin, so I might use it as a blending shade for eye looks.




Instinct
Instinct:  gorgeous warm golden highlight with red sheen; swatched heavily over bare skin.  Even though Team Instinct is arguable the least popular team, I really love this highlighter!  The warm gold works well with my skin tone and the red sheen is absolutely gorgeous.




Mystic
Mystic:  blue highlight with silver sparkles; swatched heavily over bare skin.  Team Mystic is my team and the highlighter is as icy as Blanche's heart.  Just kidding, I just know Blanche/Team Mystic value scientific knowledge and reasoning over passion.




Valor
Valor:  pink highlight with gold sparkles; swatched heavily over bare skin.  Team Valor is seen as the rival to Team Mystic.  Some people take it seriously, but most of the Valors I run into just have a friendly rivalry with us.  It makes for very fun conversations with random strangers.


Blanche, Evolution, Instinct, Mystic, Valor

If you couldn't tell already, I love the highlighters!  I've worn all three of them on separate days and they're so easy to apply and blend into the skin seamlessly.  I was already a huge fan of AFK's loose highlighters, but these take the cake.  The Blanche CotM duo also encapsulates her very well.  I think AFK did a great job on these Pokemon products and I would love to see more in the future!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment