Thursday, August 18, 2016

AFK Cosmetics Christmas in July 2016 Advent Calendar - Women of Studio Ghibli Swatches


I'm finally getting over my summer laziness and catching up on some overdue blog posts.  Today, I have swatches of AFK Cosmetics' Christmas in July 2015 Advent Calendar.  AFK Cosmetics usually releases two advent calendars per year. one in July and another in December.  This time around, the theme is Women of Studio Ghibli.  I'm a huge fan of Studio Ghibli, I actually like the creatures of Ghibli more than the actual human characters.  AFK's TAT is currently 7-20 business days, though the advent calendars operate on a different schedule.  The calendars come in two sizes, sample and full size.  I normally get the sample set because I never use up products, but this time I splurge on the full size because of the theme!

Sofie sticker

San sticker

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Satsuki
Satsuki:  pale yellow with red shimmers.  This was an exclusive shadow created by Shiro Cosmetics inspired by the older sister from My Neighbor Totoro.




Mei
Mei:  warm pink with silver sparkles.  This is the other exclusive shadow created by Shiro Cosmetics inspired by the younger sister from My Neighbor Totoro.




Lusheeta
Lusheeta:  amazing peach with strong green duochrome.  This was an exclusive shadow created by Innocent + Twisted Alchemy inspired by Sheeta from Laputa: Castle in the Sky.  This shadow is absolutely beautiful and the duochrome is so much stronger than what my swatch picture shows.  However, the jar was very messy; eyeshadow had leaked all over the insides and it took awhile for me to clean up.




A Way to Co-Exist
A Way to Co-Exist:  charcoal base with copper sheen and green and gold sparkles.  This was an exclusive shadow created by Hello Waffle Cosmetics inspired by Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.




Witch in Training
Witch in Training:  gray with red shimmers and gold sparkles.  This was an exclusive shadow created by AFK Cosmetics inspired by Kiki from Kiki's Delivery service.




Just Like Starlight
Just Like Starlight: beautiful pale pink highlight with icy blue duochrome; swatched heavily over bare skin.  This was an exclusive pressed highlighter created by AFK Cosmetics inspired by Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle.  This was AFK's first foray into pressed products and I think they did a great job.  It held up well during transit and didn't crumble after finger and brush swatches.  The highlight is easy to blend as well.  




Sucrose
Sucrose:  matte burgundy blush with silver sparkles and red and green shimmers.  This was an exclusive blush created by MPZ Cosmetics inspired by Arriety from The Secret World of Arriety.  It's a bit dark for my skintone, but I can see myself using it to blend out some red eye looks.






Bare lips
Princess of the Wolf Gods
Princess of the Wolf Gods on face
Princess of the Wolf Gods:  semi sheer dried blood red with sparse red shimmers.  This was an exclusive tinted lip balm created by AFK Cosmetics inspired by San from Princess Mononoke.  It's no secret that I love AFK's balm formula and this was no different.  It was moisturizing, comfortable, and provided enough pigment on my lips for a pulled together look.






Chihiro
Chihiro on face
Chihiro:  sheer peachy pink gloss with gold shimmers.  This was an exclusive lip gloss created by Blackbird Cosmetics inspired by Chihiro from Spirited Away.  I can't really say anything other than I hate this gloss.  The color is very pretty in the tube, but it sheers out to nothingness on the lips.  I wouldn't have minded the sheerness that much if it hadn't also been horribly drying on me.  After about an hour of wear, my lips started peeling and felt horrible.  




Osono
Osono:  milky pineapple scent.  This was an exclusive lip balm created by Epically Epic Balms inspired by Osono from Kiki's Delivery Service.  I've tried their lip balms before and had good results so I'll definitely be using this.




Ponyo
Ponyo:  pleasant, fruity scent, peachy but also slightly tart.  This was an exclusive perfume oil created by Smelly Yeti inspired by Ponyo from Ponyo.  I really like fruity and juicy scents, so this was a big plus for me!




He Who Swallowed a Falling Star
He Who Swallowed a Falling Star:  strong incense scent.  This was an exclusive perfume oil created by Sixteen92 inspired by Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.  I really dislike incense scents because of some bad childhood memories associated with them.  My perfume expert friends also picked up baby powder, so if that's up your alley, I'd recommend looking into destashes to pick it up.


Satsuki, Mei, Lusheeta, A Way to Coexist, Witch in Training, Just Like Starlight, Sucrose, Princess of the Wolf Gods, Chihiro


Bonus EotD!


Satsuki on lids and Mei in crease

Overall, my first full sized Advent Calendar had some hits and misses, but I was relatively happy with it.  I was very excited to open up the pressed highlighter because it was a huge surprise.  My other favorites of the box were Lusheeta and Princess of the Wolf Gods.  I look forward to see what's in store for the Christmas Advent Calendar of this year!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment