Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Notoriously Morbid Summer 2016 and June '16 CCCotM Mystic Matte Lipstick Swatches


Hello, everyone!  I have swatches of Notoriously Morbid's new summer Mystic Matte liquid lipsticks!  They released eight new lipsticks for the season with a mix of wearable and bright shades.  I have seven of them swatched in this post today and you can find the eight, Necropolis, in a previous post here.  Notoriously Morbid's current TAT is 5-10 business days.  I also purchased June's Customer Created Color of the Month, Dagon, which also happened to be a Mystic Matte and included swatches of it in this post.

Disclaimer:  I am a promoter for Notoriously Morbid.  All items were purchased with my own money using a promoter discount unless otherwise stated.  All opinions are honest and my own.

Pictures taken under LED bulb




Bare lips
Dagon on lips
Dagon on face
Dagon:  dusty pink with strong blue sheen.  This was June's CCCotM and NM's first Mystic Matte created by a customer!  It has a very intense duochrome and I find that it's too cool for my skin tone.  I've seen so many other ladies rock it on NM's fan page though (Notoriously Morbid's Customer's Crypt).






Ethereal on lips
Ethereal on face
Ethereal:  beautiful metallic rose gold.  This was a bit special to me because I've been wanting a rose gold lipstick in forever and when NM finally created one, the owner ended up letting me name it!  Thanks a bunch again, Carrie ^_^  I was initially worried that it would be too frosty or light for me and I wanted to love it so badly.  Fortunately, I LOVE it.  It wasn't as light as I thought it was and ended up being almost a perfect MLBB on me.  I've worn it several times throughout the past few weeks and love how it goes with a lot of my makeup looks.  If I somehow run out of this, I know I'll repurchase it for sure.






Deity on lips
Deity on face
Deity:  coral with gold duochrome.  I got this as part of a duowand instead of a full size because I wasn't sure how much I'd like it and how often I'd wear it.  I ended up being really surprised at how great it looked on me.  The base coral shade is gorgeous and the gold shimmers really come out in person.  It gives off a beautiful sheen without being obnoxious or frosty.






Idol on lips
Idol on face
Idol:  strawberry red with faint red and gold shimmers.  I was really excited to get this one because it looked beautiful on everyone who got to try it out prior to the official release.  I still think it looks pretty, I just know I prefer true to deep reds on me now.  I think pink reds and pinks in general are a bit tougher for me to get used to.






Esoteric on lips
Esoteric on face
Esoteric:  moderately opaque periwinkle blue.  As bright of a color as it is, I actually like how it looks!  I'm not brave enough to wear it out in public, but I do like this shade.  Since it's moderately opaque, I recommend applying a second layer as it was slightly patchy after the first.






Gnostic on lips
Gnostic on face
Gnostic:  moderately opaque purple.  I also really liked how this looked on me!  I think it's slightly more wearable than Esoteric and I may be able to rock this if I ever attend the annual Mermaid Parade haha.  Like Esoteric, I recommend applying a second layer as it was slightly patchy on the first.  Fortunately for both, they layered beautifully and had opaque coverage without looking clumpy.






Temporal on lips
Temporal on face
Temporal:  metallic brown with gold duochrome.  




Absolute on face
Absolute:  beautiful magenta.  Sorry for not including any closeup lip swatches or arm swatches of this color.  I actually received a free sample of this a few months back to test out the formula.  I assumed I already did swatches of them because I've had it for so long and only realized I didn't have them when I was writing this post up.  Apologies!  At least it looks the same on the arm as it does on my face (as most of the Mystic Mattes usually do).  When I initially received it, I wore it several times throughout the month and really enjoyed how wearable it was.  As I mentioned before, I'm not good with pinks, but Absolute was different.  I was actually able to pull it off and that really surprised me!


Dagon, Ethereal, Deity, Idol, Esoteric, Gnostic, Temporal

It's really hard to pick standouts in this bunch because I liked a lot of them!  I personally enjoyed Ethereal, Deity, and Absolute a lot, but I also thought Gnostic was gorgeous as an unconventional lipstick color.  Let me know which summer Mystic Matte is your favorite!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment