Monday, July 4, 2016

Hello Waffle June 2016 Visage - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Swatches and Review


Happy July 4th, everyone!  I have swatches of Hello Waffle Cosmetics' June Visage subscription box!  It's inspired by one of my all time favorite books - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I'm actually a fan of almost all of Roald Dahl's works, so I'm definitely watching The BFG when it comes out.  Hello Waffle is currently on hiatus until October, but their usual TAT is 10-15 business days.  The Visage is $30/month and generally comes with three or four mini eyshadows, and full sized cheek and lip products.  The Visage is unaffected by the hiatus and will still be sent out during their break.


Visage info card

Summary of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


Drawing card


Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over Hello Waffle Enchantment Base (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


The Golden Ticket
The Golden Ticket:  intense metallic gold with gold sparkles




The Tiny House
The Tiny House:  matte dark red brown with slight gold sparkles and red shimmers




A Love of Cocoa Beans
A Love of Cocoa Beans:  shimmery dark purple brown with gold and red shimmers




Glass Elevator
Glass Elevator:  lovely satin pink blush; swatched heavily on bare skin






Bare lips

Wonka's Candy Land
Wonka's Candy Land:  matte burgundy liquid lipstick.  This was a full sized exclusive lipstick created by Eccentric Cosmetics.  I've heard so many raves of this formula from my friends and had been meaning to try them out.  I'm really glad it was included in the Visage!  The formula is comfortable and non drying, but comes off while eating and needs at least two layers to even out.  I found it a bit sheer and patchy on the first layer.  I still enjoyed the lipstick and its formula though and will definitely purchase some more colors later on!


The Golden Ticket, The Tiny House, A Love of Cocoa Beans, Glass Elevator, Wonka's Candy Land


Bonus FotD!


The Golden Ticket (inner corner), The Tiny House (lid), A Love of Cocoa Beans (outer corner, crease, lower lashline)

Glass Elevator on cheeks and Wonka's Candy Land on lips

I really enjoyed June's Visage because of the theme and how well the products worked together.  I wasn't planning on putting them to use so soon after receiving them.  I actually had brunch plans the morning my Visage arrived in the mail and ended up running a little late.  I needed to do my makeup really quickly and used everything in the Visage because I knew the shop owner, Christine, usually coordinates all the products to look great together.  I felt very vampy after finishing my makeup but enjoyed it nonetheless.  Again, I'm really glad she included Eccentric Cosmetics' lipstick in the box and the blush is absolutely lovely.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment