Tuesday, April 26, 2016

AFK Otaku Collection Swatches


Recently, AFK Cosmetics released the Otaku collection, inspired by Japanese culture.  Their current TAT is 7 - 20 business days, but I find the owner gets orders out within a week or two.  The Otaku collection consists of six eyeshadows, one blush, and one tinted balm.  I ordered sample sizes of the full collection but the owner, Dena, generously upgraded my lip balm sample to a full size!

Pictures taken over LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


A Goddess?!
A Goddess?!:  shimmery gold.  This was a free sample included in my order.  It comes from the Fight or Die collection inspired by Attack on Titan.  It's based off of Historia and is surprisingly one of the AFK colors I didn't yet own!




Itadakimasu!
Itadakimasu!:  shimmery champagne




Kawaii
Kawaii:  pink with gold sparkles




Notice Me Senpai
Notice Me Senpai:  lavender with blue and silver shimmers




Waifu
Waifu:  satin purple taupe




Otaku
Otaku:  plum with blue shimmers




Best Girl
Best Girl:  green with gold shimmers




Baka!
Baka!:  medium pink blush; applied heavily to bare skin






Bare lips

Sugoi!

Sugoi! on face
Sugoi!:  semi sheer dark coral balm with gold shimmers


A Goddess?!, Itadakimasu!, Kawaii, Notice Me Senpai, Waifu, Otaku, Best Girl, Baka!, Sugoi! 

The colors in this collection are all very bright and perfect for the spring and summer months.  As usual, they have a wonderfully pigmented and smooth formula, something I've come to expect from AFK's eyeshadows.  Their balm also lives up to my expectations for my favorite indie balm.  They're always moisturizing and comfortable for me.  I believe the Otaku collection is permanent but I do recommend picking it up if you see something you like.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment