Thursday, February 25, 2016

Notoriously Morbid February 2016 Vanishing Cabinet - Stronger than Death Swatches


Welcome back, everyone!  Today, I have swatches of Notoriously Morbid's February Vanishing Cabinet.  It's inspired by Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula.  I had the pleasure of watching that in high school during my Monsters Lit. class and enjoyed it.  I'm really glad they went with this instead of Nosferatu because that film creeped me out.  Anyway, this month includes two mini eyeshadows, one mini highlighter, and a mini Diablo Lip Rouge.  The Lip Rouge will be brought back as a full size when NM debuts their new packaging sometime this year.


Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Love What You Love
Love What You Love:  shimmery emerald




See Me Now
See Me Now:  charcoal base with pink sheen; appears more lavender when blended




My Beloved
My Beloved:  nude pink highlighter with silver sheen




Kiss Me
Kiss Me:  opaque dark vampy berry red


Love What You Love, See Me Now, My Beloved, Kiss Me

I love how NM is including other products into their VC.  I can definitely sacrifice a shadow or two for more face and lip products.  I feel those products are pretty underrated in their lineup, especially the Diablo Lip Rouges.  I really enjoyed Kiss Me and I'm really happy they'll be rereleasing it later on.  I enjoy the texture of the Lip Rouges and can't wait to see the new tubes!

- Jolie ♥

3 comments:

  1. Love your Blog!! Quick Question, do you know of any shadows close to See me now? I've been looking for this kind for awhile now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think any lavender shadow with a slight red/pink sheen would be similar. I haven't swatched it yet, but Corvus Cosmetics' The High Priestess might be similar. Also one of NM's older shades Forgotten Dreams might be a similar shade of lavender as well.

      Delete