Thursday, February 25, 2016

Notoriously Morbid February 2016 CCCOTM Dragon Empress Swatches!


I have a very short swatch post for you today, but it's a rather special one!  In the beginning of the year, Notoriously Morbid introduced their new CCCOTM program.  It stands of Customer Created Color of the Month.  Customers were able to send in a shadow description for a custom color and NM would pick a random winner and create that color.  By sheer luck, I happened to be the first one chosen!

My color description and inspiration came from the Pokemon Rayquaza.  It's a dragon whose job is to protect the Earth as well as quelling the battles between members of his trio.  It's watched over and worshipped by the Draconid Tribe, including Zinnia, which is the basis of the shadow name.  The color I asked for was a forest green with red and gold sparkles.  I got to create the label art as well!  I chose the symbol on Rayquaza's forehead filled in with dragon scales and a spacey galaxy background.  Laura captured it perfectly!  

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)






The resulting product is super reflective and sparkly, so it was hard to get a good picture of the base color.  There are a lot more sparkles than I initially thought it would be, so I think a sticky base would really be needed if you want the sparkles to show.  With that said, I can't wait to use this in an eye look!  This color will be available until March 1st, so if you like it, pick it up :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment