Thursday, February 18, 2016

AFK Cosmetics Christmasushi Duo and Custom Balm Swatches!


Hey everyone, I have swatches of AFK Cosmetics' Christmasushi duo and my custom lip balm today!  The duo was actually released during last year's Black Friday I believe, along with the Mutants lip balms.  I ordered everything together, however, the duo was forgotten so the owner, Dena, said she can send it to me along with my finished lip balm.  The lip balm actually took awhile because I asked for an opaque rosy tan nude and it was hard to find the right consistency.  Dena worked very hard on it and I ended up really loving the texture!  I'll expand more on that in the swatches ;)

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Christmasushi
Christmasushi eyeshadow:  nude with green and red sparkles




Christmasushi
Christmasushi lip gloss:  moderately opaque salmon with red and green shimmers




Custom balm
Custom balm:  frosty rosy brown nude.  The formula is very creamy and opaque, however, the color is a bit too light for me unless paired with a smoky eye.  It's really, really hard to get the perfect nude without swatching first, but I do like that I can make this color work.  I hope Dena starts dabbling into lipsticks because her opaque lip balms are as opaque as some lipsticks!  We were entertaining the idea about creating a nude lip line, and honestly, I'd love that.  AFK lip balms are my favorite lip balm formulas because they're so comfortable and moisturizing on my lips.  I have really high hopes for any new lip products they release!
Christmasushi eyeshadow, Christmasushi lip gloss, Custom balm

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. The balm is really lovely!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, AFK makes my favorite indie balms! I recommend looking into the Mutants balms as you can probably find one you'd like :)

      Delete