Thursday, January 21, 2016

Notoriously Morbid January 2016 Vanishing Cabinet - Sicker, Sad World, CotM, and Liquid Liner Swatches


Welcome to the first Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet of 2016!  The VC is inspired by 90s cartoon, Daria.  I recently started watching it because it's been on my to-watch list for awhile.  I've always seen screen shots of her snarking and being overall cynical and loved it.  I'm on the second season now and I think it's far enough to understand the references.  Included in this post are swatches of December's CotM and the new liquid liner I've been testing.  The CotM and liner were NOT included in the Vanishing Cabinet.  The CotM was a separate order I had made and NM's owners had thrown in the liquid liner for me to test.  I've included both product swatches in this post to save space.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Give the Devil His Due
Give the Devil His Due:  copper with pink and gold sparkles.  Since this is a more glitter bomb shadow, I recommend using a sticky base underneath.  This was the Color of the Month for December 2015.




Blue Liquid Liner
Blue Liquid Liner:  opaque electric blue liner.  The quality of this liner is out of this world.  It's smudge, transfer, and water proof.  I've worn it out once and it lasted 13+ hours.  When I was swatching this on my arm along with the other shadows, I went to remove it with soap and water after pictures were taken.  All the shadows washed off and the liner did not budge at all.  I rubbed and rubbed and it wouldn't move.  I ended up removing it with a makeup remover wipe, which is what I used when I tested it on my eyes and it removed easily.  I'm really hoping these are released sometime soon because they really are outstanding.



Sicker, Sad World Vanishing Cabinet



Only Child
Only Child:  magenta with pink and blue sparkles




Misery Loves Company
Misery Loves Company:  gray base with strong fuchsia duochrome.  I really love the texture for this one and you can see how smooth it is.




Authority Problem
Authority Problem:  metallic pewter with gold sheen




I Hate You
I Hate You:  dark brown with blue green duochrome




Mystik Spiral
Mystik Spiral:  lip balm with a delicious white chocolate waffle scent.  I'm not a fan of gourmands, but this smells so delicious and exactly like the real thing.  It's not overpowering at all; if anything, it makes me want to get a snack.


Give the Devil His Due, Blue Liner, Only Child, Misery Loves Company, Authority Problem, I Hate You



Bonus FotD!


Blue liner and 18th Century Dandy on lids

Blue liner and 18th Century Dandy on lids and Tarot on lips

Overall, I really liked the first VC of the year.  There are enough darker shades to complement the sarcastic and grungy nature of the show, yet a brighter color is also included for more variety.  I also really like the label art, as it looks exactly like the show within the show's title card.  Tomorrow is an exciting day because NM is releasing another wave of their State of Fear shadows, a Tori Amos Tribute Trio, and three beautiful new Valentine Mystic Mattes!  Head on over to their Facebook page for more info and swatches!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Misery loves company looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and the formula is to die for! Most of the shadows in the VC were beautiful as well, so I hope there are enough left over for sale :)

      Delete