Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Geek Chic Cosmetics Timey Wimey Collection Swatches


I picked up Geek Chic Cosmetics' Doctor Who inspired Timey Wimey collection during Black Friday.  I separated this from the other Black Friday haul post because the Timey Wimey collection is rather special to me.  It's a pretty old collection and part of my first ever order (and indie order in general) from Geek Chic.  I fell in love with the shade Bad Wolf and couldn't stop recommending it back then.  The tin of six shadows was on sale for about $20 during the sale so I couldn't resist picking it up.  I'm also a Whovian, so I enjoy the TARDIS on the tin.


Back of tin

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Sexy in Suspenders
Sexy in Suspenders:  pale pink with blue sparkles.  I believe this was inspired by Captain Jack Harkness, one of my favorite characters from the DW universe.  He's a very handsome man and I got to see him in person at New York Comic Con a few years ago.




Don't Blink
Don't Blink:  sparkly silver.  This was inspired by the creepy Weeping Angels.  They're definitely one of the scariest villains in the series (especially the Statue of Liberty one).




Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf:  lavender with gold sparkles and pink shimmers.  Inspired by Rose Tyler and the one that started it all!  I'm not a fan of purples, but for some reason, this shade really drew me in.  




Exterminate!
Exterminate!:  copper with pink sparkles.  Inspired by the Daleks; the series still hasn't managed to explain why metal cans holding egg beaters and toilet plungers are the strongest warriors in the universe.




Bigger on the Inside
Bigger on the Inside:  cerulean with gold sheen and gold sparkles.  It wouldn't be a Doctor Who collection without a TARDIS inspired color, would it?




We are Coming
We are Coming:  bronze with blue sparkles and red shimmers.  Inspired by the last season of Torchwood (DW spin off).  This is beautiful, but so depressing because of what happens.  It's definitely one of the colors I bought as a sample awhile back and always stood out for me, so I'm super glad to have a full size.


Sexy in Suspenders, Don't Blink, Bad Wolf, Exterminate!, Bigger on the Inside, We are Coming

Overall, I think it's a very wonderful collection - an oldie but a goodie.  I won't be able to create a full eye look using these shadows, but they're all pretty great for lid shades.  I love showing off special shadows on my lid with just a darker shadow in the outer corner to deepen the look.  It also makes me pretty nostalgic for Christopher Eccleston era DW and wish Jack Harkness were back.  (I didn't care much for Rose, I'm more of a River girl.)  If you're a fellow Whovian, or see any shades you like, I definitely recommend picking them up.

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love how Bigger on the Inside reveals golden sparkles when applied over a glitter glue! It's a lovely shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty! I don't know why it's taken me so long to finally pick it up, but I'm glad they brought the tin back. Bigger on the Inside definitely stands out among the more neutral collection.

      Delete