Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Notoriously Morbid What We Make in the Shadows and other Black Friday 2015 Exclusives Swatches!


It's time for Notoriously Morbid's annual Black Friday swatches!  This year, they released a good amount of stuff including an exclusive eyeshadow set, a Diablo Lip Rouge, two Changelings, two Mystic Mattes, and a Mystic Matte GWP.  The Black Friday sets usually come with a hefty discount code valid until the next Black Friday.  However, those discount codes are extremely limited, so only the first 50 or so sets had them; NM released a second round of sets that didn't include the code.  Since I'm part of their promotional model group, we were able to get our orders early before the Black Friday rush kicked in.  And when I say kicked in, I mean it.  The first round of sets were gone within a few minutes.  It was insane, yet I'm really happy that NM has so many fans for that to even happen.

Anyway, I bought the shadow set that came with the Diablo Lip Rouge and bought another one for my best friend as a Christmas present.  There were also two Christmas themed Mystic Matte duos released and I went nuts for them.  Mystic Mattes are my favorite liquid lipsticks and I'm a huge lover of Christmas, so...yeah, those were completely and totally mine.  I've been rambling for too long, so let's just get on with the swatches, shall we?

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


What We Make in the Shadows


He's Not Coming to the Meeting
He's Not Coming to the Meeting:  beautiful white gold




18th Century Dandy
18th Century Dandy:  light taupe with blue sparkles




This is...Very Erotic
This is...Very Erotic:  light lavender with blue sparkles and gold shimmer




Dead, but Delicious
Dead, but Delicious:  pretty plum with green duochrome and gold sparkles




Werewolves, Not Swearwolves
Werewolves, Not Swearwolves:  dark purple lipstick with slight blue sheen.  This Diablo Lip Rouge was a lot creamier and more comfortable than the older ones in my collection.  I love the look and feeling of this on my lips, as the blue duochrome is gorgeous.


He's Not Coming to the Meeting, 18th Century Dandy, This is...Very Erotic, Dead but Delicious, Werewolves Not Swearwolves



GWP


Hello, My Name is Trash Boat
Hello, My Name is Trash Boat:  matte gray taupe, perfect my lips but deader color.  This was the Black Friday GWP and I absolutely love it!  It's very creamy and opaque upon application and dried immediately.  Due to the amount of love I've been seeing for it in the Facebook group, I'm really hoping it becomes permanent.



Changelings


Banshee
Banshee:  sheer lavender

Banshee over Rune Mystic Matte




Berserker
Berserker:  sheer pale gold with red shimmers

Berserker over Rune Mystic Matte



Mystic Matte Duos


Do You Fear What I Fear?
Do You Fear What I Fear?:  matte brick red with green microshimmers.  I love this, it captures the essence of Christmas perfectly.




Silent Fright
Silent Fright:  gorgeous metallic forest green.  Yeah, so NM has somehow created the perfect dark green lipstick.  I love dark green shadows and have been thinking about dark green lipsticks.  Silent Fright is the green of my dreams.  I'm so so so happy with how this looks and I'm incredibly grateful to have a full sized tube.

Hello My Name is Trash Boat, Banshee, Berserker, Do You Fear What I Fear?, Silent Fright

NM has done it again and knocked their lip products right out of the park!  Of course, their eyeshadows are still beautiful, but god, their Mystic Mattes always stun me and overshadow almost anything else.  I'm glad the Diablo Lip Rouges seem to be making a comeback and I'm sure I must sound like a broken record by now, but I need more Mystic Mattes!  Especially Trash Boat, I need a full size tube of that (maybe even five).  I hope whoever also bought this set loves it as much as I do!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment