Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mad Lab Cosmetics Black Friday 2015 Swatches


So I've been a very bad girl and made a ton of orders with multiple shops over Black Friday - Mad Lab Cosmetics being one of them.  I've purchased and reviewed them once before and had a great experience.  Their shadows were beautiful and pigmented even over regular primer, I'm not sure why it took me so long to order again but I finally did.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half) 


Bronze
Bronze:  bronze.  Very straightforward bronze, no fuss about it.




Random Acts of Makeup
Random Acts of Makeup:  mauve




Amethyst
Amethyst:  purple; slightly patchy over regular primer (please ignore that giant random sparkle, it was leftover from other swatches)




Let's NOT Build a Snowman
Let's NOT Build a Snowman:  white with blue and pink shimmers.  Although I don't use whites often, I couldn't pass up a snowman reference ;)




Hidden Treasure
Hidden Treasure:  mint with gold sparkles


Bronze, Random Acts of Makeup, Amethyst, Let's NOT Build a Snowman, Hidden Treasure



Winter Solstice
Winter Solstice:  lavender




Russian Gold
Russian Gold:  coral with gold sparkles




Sapphire
Sapphire:  gorgeous sapphire with green shimmers.  I don't normally wear blues but sapphires are my birthstone and Mad Lab knocked it out of the park.  I can't even tell which side is over glitter primer because it's so pigmented on its own.




Winter Witch
Winter Witch:  charcoal blue with silver sparkles




Trickster
Trickster:  blackened green with gold sparkles and red shimmers


Winter Solstice, Russian Gold, Sapphire, Winter Witch, Trickster

Overall, I'm happy with my small order, but I'm especially impressed with the darker shades.  They're so beautiful and perform so well over regular primer.  I use darker colors to deepen some eye looks and usually it'll blend away to just a black/charcoal base and loses all its beauty.  I'm excited to use these, but I may end up showcasing them all over the lid instead.

- Jolie ♥

4 comments:

  1. I like Winter Witch and Trickster! I'm gonna try this shop out in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those two shades are awesome! They're both part of the Blackest Hearts collection; I've swatched a few other shades from them as well and they're gorgeous. I definitely recommend checking out that one since you like darker shades. The Metallurgy collection is full of more usual gem toned shades. If I recall correctly, the TAT isn't that long and they do offer samples :D

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand before. Such gorgeous colors!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they launched last year and are still relatively low key. Their eyeshadow formula is definitely up there though, and I really recommend giving them a try :)

      Delete