Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Geek Chic Cosmetics Black Friday 2015 Swatches


I have a very short swatch post of the stuff I bought from Geek Chic during Black Friday.  I realize that I only buy from them during Black Friday sales but I know I enjoy using their products.  Perhaps that's because I already own everything I like from them (such as the Joysticks?)  Anyway, I bought four shadows, a matte liquid lipstick, two solid scents, and a collection tin.  I'll be showcasing the collection tin in a separate post.  There was also a GWP for every order and it turned out to be another solid scent.

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


NCR
NCR:  light green gold with red microshimmer




My Shoujo Romance!!
My Shoujo Romance!!:  nude pink with blue sparkles




Everyday Dweller
Everyday Dweller:  intense blurple with pink and blue sparkles.  Just look at this; look away; now look at it again.  I definitely recommend getting this one; the intensity is unreal.




Brothers in Arms
Brothers in Arms:  gorgeous dark green with pink sparkles.  This reminds me of a darker version of the infamous Dragon Scales by Lumikki.  I'm glad Geek Chic created a more beautiful version of it, plus they're a more reliable company than Lumikki, so it's a win win in my opinion.




Be Good
Be Good:  matte violet; strong cake frosting scent.  I guess Geek Chic is finally getting into the matte liquid lipstick territory.  There were a few other shades up on the site, but I decided on this one because it didn't seem like anything I had in my collection.  The closest might be Notoriously Morbid's Cleopatra, but I'll have to swatch them side by side to really see the difference, plus Cleopatra is metallic.  The lipstick dried fairly quickly; I'll need to test the staying power and longevity a bit more.

Update 12/31/15:  I was able to test the liquid lipstick today and can provide a good enough review.  As I've said before, it's opaque and dries almost immediately.  It's non-drying on the lips and fairly comfortable as far as liquid matte lipsticks go.  The formula is relatively kiss proof and doesn't transfer when I drink.  However, eating oily food would still break it down as I've experienced with other lipstick brands.  Since reapplying and dryness aren't a problem, I have no issue having to reapply throughout the day.  I haven't tried the other colors, but if they're the same formula as Be Good, then Geek Chic has a pretty solid liquid lipstick in their line.

NCR, My Shoujo Romance!!, Everyday Dweller, Brothers in Arms, Be Good

So I didn't post about the perfumes because I'm terrible at describing and properly reviewing scents.  I don't think me saying, "This is good" or "This is bad" would be very helpful since perfumes are so personal.  I did enjoy the eyeshadows I ordered though and liked how they performed well over regular non-sticky primers.  I'm doubly excited to use Everyday Dweller because I've never used something so bold on my lids before!  Stay tuned for (sort of) part 2 of this haul!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment