Thursday, December 31, 2015

AFK Cosmetics Advent Calendar 2015 Swatches


Alright, time for swatches of AFK's annual Advent Calendar!  I did receive this about a week ago because it'd be stuck in USPS limbo for the longest time.  It features samples from several different indie companies inspired by their favorite Christmas movies.  I've got to admit I don't recognize most of the references, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the products!

Pictures taken under LED bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Abominable Snowman
Abominable Snowman:  white with pink, blue, and silver sparkles.  This was an eyeshadow sample from Darling Girl Cosmetics.




You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid!
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid!:  gray with silver sparkles.  This was an eyeshadow sample from one of my favorite brands, Corvus Cosmetics.




Peanuts
Peanuts:  gold with gold sparkles.  This was an eyeshadow sample from Hello Waffle Cosmetics and I'm hoping the name is a references to Charlie Brown's Christmas.  It happens to be one of my favorite movies and I can't help turning to it when it comes on during the holiday season :')




Two Sizes Too Small
Two Sizes Too Small:  mauve taupe with red and blue shimmers.  This was an eyeshadow sample from Blackbird Cosmetics.




The Total Agony of Being in Love
The Total Agony of Being in Love:  blush with red shimmers.  This was a blush sample from Shiro Cosmetics.  I didn't realize this was a blush at first and swatched it as an eyeshadow, oops.


Abominable Snowman, You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid!, Peanuts, Two Sizes Too Small, The Total Agony of Being in Love




You Sit on a Throne of Lies
You Sit on a Throne of Lies:  brick red with gold and green shimmers.  This was an eyeshadow sample from AFK Cosmetics and I'm pretty sure it's inspired by Elf.




Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins:  green with red sparkles




Snow Day!
Snow Day!:  blue base with tons of silver, green, and red sparkles.  This was an eyeshadow sample from Uponaworld Cosmetics and I really love it!  The formula is great and it's very wintry.




I Just Like Smiling, Smiling's My Favorite!
I Just Like Smiling, Smiling's My Favorite!:  bright pinky red balm.  This is a balm sample from AFK Cosmetics, and like all their balms, I absolutely love it :)


You Sit on a Throne of Lies, Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins, Snow Day!, I Just Like Smiling Smiling's My Favoite!




Jimmy Stewart Has Stolen the Moon
Jimmy Stewart Has Stolen the Moon:  this was a perfume sample from Smelly Yeti but I don't know what it's supposed to be.  It smells like a strong and warm standard Macy's perfume to me.  I do like it though, so I'm not complaining at all.  I just don't know what it's supposed to be :/




Christmastown
Christmastown Cuticle Oil:  this is a cuticle oil from Leesha's Lacquer.  It smells slightly over gingerbread cookies to me and I love it!




Son of a Nutcracker!
Son of a Nutcracker!:  this is a bath bomb from Frakken Bombs.  I'll most likely use this for my hands since I don't have a bathtub.


Hope everyone has an amazing New Years!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment