Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Pretty Zombie Swatches and First Impressions!


I feel like it's been awhile since I've done a first impressions review.  Since my collection has grown rather large, I try to limit how many new shops to try out.  I've had my eye on My Pretty Zombie for awhile because of their science/morbid themed names and beautiful duochromes.  After listening to their interview on beauty podcast, This Week in Makeup, I decided to finally take the plunge.  I enjoyed the interview as well as the owner's personality.  I also participated in an exchange with some of my indie friends and received some more MPZ products from my awesome partner.

If you haven't listened to the TWIM interview, the owner stated that she doesn't read reviews, but does read emails.  I ended up emailing her because of how ecstatic I was from all the extra Halloween goodies that were included in my order.  She included some fake teeth, notepads, candy, and a pencil.  It really made me feel like a kid again and I loved it.  So again, thank you, Andrea!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Demons are my Bitches
Demons are my Bitches:  white with pink shimmers; free sample




Cookie Pants
Cookie Pants:  burgundy with gold shimmers




Meal of Me
Meal of Me:  charcoal base with green duochrome




Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook
Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook:  brick base with blue green duochrome




TaraYvonne
TaraYvonne:  dark blurple with red sparkles




Dr. Pickles' Miraculous Beauty Dust
Dr. Pickles' Miraculous Beauty Dust:  translucent white powder; free sample, applied heavily over bare skin




LSD
LSD:  beautiful gray blush with pink sheen


Demons are my Bitches, Cookie Pants, Meal of Me, Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook, TaraYvonne, Dr. Pickles' Miraculous Beauty Dust, LSD


Exchange Goodies!

Thundernuts
Thundernuts:  milk chocolate with blue sparkles




Violet Bites
Violet Bites:  fuschia with gold shimmers




Gangrenous
Gangrenous:  blue with green shimmers




Rabies
Rabies:  teal with blue shimmers




New Age Dolls
New Age Dolls:  charcoal base with green and copper shimmers; sheer over regular primer, better over sticky base




Goth Mary Poppins
Goth Mary Poppins:  black base with tons of blue sparkles and red shimmers




MDMA
MDMA:  pink blush with gold shimmers


Thundernuts, Violet Bites, Gangrenous, Rabies, New Age Dolls, Goth Mary Poppins, MDMA


Bonus EotD!



Dark Matter Makeup Draconis (inner corner), MPZ Meal of Me (lid), Strobe Cosmetics Bearded Lady (outer corner and crease) 

Overall, my first impression of MPZ is wonderful!  The products are great and the owner, Andrea, is a delight to talk to.  They recently just released a blush called Tramadol and that really tickles me because it's something we actually use at work (except our Tramadol is white and not good as a blush at all).  I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for future releases and I'm really glad I finally tried them out :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment