Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Uponaworld Cosmetics Japanese Fashion Palettes Swatches


Okay, this post is a super super SUPER long time coming (we're talking months).  For some reason, I kept putting it off, most likely because of the crazy amount of pictures in it.  I finally get to show you swatches of Uponaworld Cosmetics' pressed Japanese Fashion palettes!  They were released awhile back and I bought three out of four that were available.  The shop also ran a deal where you get a full sized shadow for each palette you purchase, so I got three of the Kenshin ones.  Without further ado, let's get on with it!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


The Moon
The Moon:  shimmery beige highlighter 




The Earth
The Earth:  peachy pink blush with green gold sheen




The Officer
The Officer:  slightly purple toned silver with red microshimmer




The Side Kick
The Side Kick:  shimmery dark taupe with silver sheen and gold shimmers


The Moon, The Earth, The Officer, The Side Kick




The Fighter
The Fighter:  dark brown with rainbow shimmers




The Teacher
The Teacher:  shimmery blush with silver sheen




The Betrayed
The Betrayed:  shimmery burgundy with gold sparkles 




The Student
The Student:  gorgeous olive with gold sheen and copper shimmers


The Fighter, The Teacher, The Betrayed, The Student


Classic Lolita



Petticoat
Petticoat:  shimmery seafoam green




Innocent World
Innocent World:  matte moss.  This shade is better over a sticky base as I had to layer it quite a bit over regular primer for it to show up.




Stars Shine Bright
Stars Shine Bright:  shimmery sky blue




Chocolate Macaron
Chocolate Macaron:  dark olive with gold sheen


Petticoat, Innocent World, Stars Shine Bright, Chocolate Macaron


Mori Girl



Ivory Lace
Ivory Lace:  matte sandstone; darker over sticky base




Rustic
Rustic:  matte rust




Moss and Ivy
Moss and Ivy:  matte dark green




Woolen Sweater
Woolen Sweater:  matte dark brown


Ivory and Lace, Moss and Ivy, Rustic, Woolen Sweater



Visual Kei



Visual Shock
Visual Shock:  satin finish lavender taupe




Androgynous Aesthetic
Androgynous Aesthetic:  molten gold




Candelabra
Candelabra:  antique gold




Nephilim
Nephilim:  mahogany with gold shimmers


Visual Shock, Androgynous Aesthetic, Candelabra, Nephilim

As you can see, the product was soft enough to crack and break around the edges during transport.  I emailed the owner about this and she offered to replace the shadows or teach me how to repress them.  I decided to repress them instead since I still had most of the product (I did drop the last palette and shattered a whole bunch, but was able to salvage a good amount...)  If I recall correctly, Uponaworld has discontinued their pressed palettes so these aren't available anymore.  However, they are available in loose form and you can press them yourself if you wish.

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have to try this company! I checked out the website and these are the J-fashion sets I like the most too. I also wanna get some of the soaps if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really like them! Visual Kei looks like colors you'd like and Mori Girl are great transition/outer corner colors to pair them up with :) I bought her Matcha/Green Tea soap awhile back but haven't used it yet because I have other soaps right now.

      I wouldn't recommend getting samples from Uponaworld because I know you use your eyeshadows often so you'd need a bigger size. Plus I really vouch for their formula :P Especially the shimmery/metallic shades.

      Delete