Thursday, October 1, 2015

Notoriously Morbid State of Fear Vol. 2 Swatches

Image courtesy of Notoriously Morbid
I'm extremely excited to bring you swatches of the second volume of Notoriously Morbid's State of Fear collection!  The State of Fear shadows are a 50 eyeshadow collection all based off of cryptids from each state in the U.S.  NM currently releases five shadows every month in alphabetical order.  I'm excited to show off this collection because the formula of these shadows are amazing!  I noticed a difference between these shadows and shadows from other collections so I asked the owners if they reformulated.  They replied and said they've changed the ratios slightly and it's very noticeable.  The State of Fear shadows are creamy, light, pigmented, and adhere to the skin amazingly.  

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Altie
Altie:  dark gray with green sheen and red microshimmer




Winstead Wildman
Winstead Wildman:  charcoal with pink sheen and gold shimmer




Swamp Monster
Swamp Monster:  lime green with gold sheen




Skunk Ape
Skunk Ape:  brick red with stunning green duochrome




Slide Rock Bolter
Slide Rock Bolter:  gorgeous emerald green


Altie, Winstead Wildman, Swamp Monster, Skunk Ape, Slide Rock Bolter

If you can't tell already, these shadows look amazing over regular primer as well, so a sticky base isn't necessarily needed.  I was so impressed and in love with the formula that I immediately ordered mini jars of all the existing State of Fear shadows.  The label art is inspired by the U.S. quarters and are very unique.  Even though I love purchasing samples to press, I don't think I'll be regretting getting mini jars at all.  The formula is superb and colors are all amazing.  The next volume has already been released and I'll post up swatches when I receive them.  Volume 4 is releasing in the middle of October as well and I'm biting my nails waiting for their arrival!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment