Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy August 2015 Subscription Swatches


I know this is a bit late, but here's Innocent + Twisted Alchemy's August subscription box!  I was particularly happy for this one because of the theme.  It was originally inspired after my favorite podcast, Welcome to Night Vale, which I listen to before bed because Cecil's voice is soothing and I pre ordered the book as well (I also saw the cast at a live reading!).  However, due to the creators of the show asking people not to sell fan made products, I+T's owner, Linda, changed the names.  Several guest indies who created products exclusively for that box didn't get to change their names in time so it's still Night Vale themed.  I asked Linda what the original names were, mainly because I love WtNV and will be putting them next to the new names.

Most of the colors are also purple themed, as that is WtNV's color palette.  I don't usually care for purples, but I'm such a sucker for packaging and themes that I absolutely love this box ♥

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Glue (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half) 


Moon Dreams
Moon Dreams/A Color for You:  pigmented silvery lavender




Dark Moon Rising
Dark Moon Rising/Eternal:  beautiful royal purple with blue sparkles and red shimmers, perfect Night Vale color




Midnight
Midnight/Good Night:  matte merlot, darker over sticky base




Desert Man's Bluff
Desert Man's Bluff:  absolutely beautiful shimmery rose champagne with ice blue sparkles.  This is a mini jar from Glamour Doll Eyes created exclusively for the box.  I love the name and color.  I can't help but think of the Desert Bluffs theme song when looking at it.




Love Stinks
Love Stinks:  satin pale pink.  This is a Trial Vial from Scaredy Cat Cosmetics.  I love that every time I+T includes a Scaredy Cat vial, it's always a color I don't have!  I love SCC and their vials are chock full of product :)




Future is a Choice
Future is a Choice:  beautiful blue with red, gold, and green sparkles.  This is a sample by Eccentric Cosmetics created exclusively for this box.  It's really pretty but works best over a sticky base to bring out all the sparkles.




Drake Scale
Drake Scale:  shimmery slate with rainbow shimmers.  This is a sample from Dusk Cosmetics created exclusively for the box.  It's really shiny over a sticky base and the rainbow shimmers are a lot more apparently in person.




Five-Headed Dragon
Five-Headed Dragon:  dark magenta lipstick.  This is a sample from Howl Cosmetics created exclusively for this box.  This was actually the first thing I saw when I opened my package and knew it was WtNV themed (at least it was) and got super excited.  It's a beautiful color and very comfortable on the lips.  I love Hiram McDaniels and the violet head is my favorite ^_^


Moon Dreams, Dark Moon Rising, Midnight, Desert Man's Bluff, Love Stinks, Future is a Choice, Drake Scale, Five-Headed Dragon

If you couldn't already tell, I LOVE August's box!  Looking at the group swatch above, the colors seem very cool toned, but that's the nature of the original theme.  The colors matched the old theme really really well and I think Linda did a great job pulling everything together.  August box definitely knocked it out of the park for me.  I've already received September's box and am working on swatching it soon but I can tell it's going to be another knockout!

Here's to more exciting releases, Linda!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment