Thursday, August 27, 2015

Aromaleigh August 2015 Ephemera Swatches


I have swatches of Aromaleigh's last Ephemera box for you guys today!  It's inspired by Marie Antoinette and more specifically, based on the film Sofia Coppola released of her.  This is pretty bittersweet for me because I have been subscribed since the second box and ended up enjoying the subscription immensely.  The attention to detail, beautiful packaging, informative notes, and great quality products won me over.  Unfortunately, it wasn't turning a profit for the company so they've chosen to discontinue it.

Anyway, the label art reminds me a lot of an older manga, The Rose of Versailles.  It's a series my mom used to enjoy and I thought the art was beautiful.  I initially thought the label art was a shout out to the series, but it was just a happy coincidence.  


Cute info note

Beautiful label art
Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Glue (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Dauphine
Dauphine:  ivory with gold and green sparkles and pink sheen




L'Autrichienne
L'Autrichienne:  aquamarine with silver shimmers




Versailles
Versailles:  gorgeous shimmery olive toned pale gold highlight




Maria Antonia
Maria Antonia:  rouge blush with pink sparkles




Antoinette
Antoinette: strong floral scented perfume; I can only pick up jasmine and rose notes with jasmine being the stronger.  It may be pleasant when worn lightly and reminds me of old Chinese soaps my mother used to buy.  (I saw those soaps recently and there is a rose scent and jasmine scented one, so I wasn't crazy!)  I love both jasmine and rose teas, so I do like this perfume although it can be strong.


Dauphine, L'Autrichienne, Versailles, Maria Antonia

Overall, this collection was pretty and had some bright, summery colors.  I absolutely love the highlighter and how rich of a gold it was!  The only con I have about this box is that the colors couldn't form a cohesive look, but I don't think that was the goal.  I'm going to miss the Ephemera boxes and their various themes, but Aromaleigh's semi monthly Menagerie will make up that void in my heart!  The Ephemera had a good run and I will absolutely miss it.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment