Saturday, August 1, 2015

AFK Cosmetics Crazy Random Happenstance Collection Swatches


I'm really happy to be showing you swatches of AFK Cosmetics new 'Crazy Random Happenstance' collection!  It's inspired by the short but brilliant movie, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog and stars some of my favorite people.  It actually includes a blush and a highlight; I didn't realize it at the time so I swatched everything as eyeshadows, oops!  Anyway, this is a great collection for me because every time I looked at the shadows, I would say, "Heheheh, my penis" and Thomas would look at me weirdly.  If you watch the movie, you'll get it :x  I recently rewatched it just to catch up on all the references because I first watched it years ago.

Alright, enough of my rambling; let's get on with swatches!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


104th Trainees Squad
104th Trainees Squad:  rust with gold sparkles.  This is one of my free samples and inspired by the rust colored jackets the trainees wear in Attack on Titan.  I'm a fan of the series so this collection is a hit with me!





Surprise Party
Surprise Party:  shimmery purple.  This was my second generous sample!



Crazy Random Happenstance


Freeze Ray
Freeze Ray:  white highlight with silver sparkles.  So I swatched this as a shadow accidentally... As you can see, it's really pigmented even over regular primer, so you won't have to worry about it not showing up as a highlight.  Since it is cool toned, I probably will use it as an eyeshadow to highlight my inner corners.




Wonderflonium
Wonderflonium:  shimmery light green with gold sheen and blue sparkles




I Love the...Air?
I Love the...Air?:  shimmery gray blue with silver sparkles and red and blue microshimmers


104th Trainees Squad, Surprise Party, Freeze Ray, Wonderflonium, I Love the...Air?




Lacy, Gently Wafting Curtains
Lacy, Gently Wafting Curtains:  pink blush with silver sparkles.  Like Freeze Ray, I accidentally swatched this as an eyeshadow so it's a lot heavier than you would apply on your skin.  I found this very similar on the skin to We Do the Weird Stuff, but since Lacy is supposed to be used as a blush, there should be no problems.




We Do the Weird Stuff
We Do the Weird Stuff:  coral with gold and blue sparkles.  As stated before, this is similar to Lacy, Gently Wafting Curtains blush, but Lacy is supposed to be worn more sheer on the face so this could be a matching eyeshadow of sorts.




Evil League of Evil
Evil League of Evil:  warm brown with tons of gold and silver sparkles




Terrible Death Whinny
Terrible Death Whinny:  dark brown with tons of red and gold sparkles




And These...are not the Hammer
And These...are not the Hammer:  super pigmented matte black with gold sparkles


Lacy Gently Wafting Curtains, We Do the Weird Stuff, Evil League of Evil, Terrible Death Whinny, And These...are not the Hammer




Black Mage Mascara
Black Mage Mascara:  black mascara.  This has a drier formula and doesn't layer well on my lashes but is good for natural tinted lashes for a no makeup look.  Dena generously upgraded it to a full sized tube because of how long I had to wait for this replacement.


Overall, I really enjoyed this collection because I really enjoyed the movie!  The references were spot on and I love the excerpts given on the site.  (Note: I really enjoyed the one for 'And These...are not the Hammer.)  All of the shades were very pigmented and easy to work with.  If you're a fan of the movie, I'll also recommend getting the full sized jars because the label art is great.

More AFK news!  The next collection they will be releasing in the fall is inspired by Monty Python and the Holy Grail!  It's one of my all time favorite movies and the label art is done by Dena.  She's been sneaking in peeks on Instagram and they're all ADORABLE.  I rarely ever get full size jars because I never finish them, but I think I'll really have to get them all based on the art.  It's not a huge waste of money if I get to display them and stare at them all day, right?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment