Friday, July 24, 2015

Preen Cosmetics First Impression and Swatches!


Today I'm reviewing lipsticks from a newly opened indie makeup shop, Preen Cosmetics.  It was created by a well loved user on IMAM and had received great reviews.  I actually ordered during the second wave because I have so many lip products in my collection already, but seeing all the great swatches and reviews changed my mind.  There are five creamy and pigmented lipsticks in her collection right now and I ordered two full sized tubes in colors I believe I'd wear more often.

When my package arrived, it turned out the owner, Jenn, had sent me samples of the three other lipsticks so I was able to try them all!  The shop and product names are all avian themed and her packaging reflects that.  

Feather sticker

Sweet note from Jenn!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over bare skin and lips

Mourning Dove
Mourning Dove:  peachy brown nude





Frigatebird
Frigatebird:  gorgeous bright warm red 




Rose Robin
Rose Robin:  orchid




Bullfinch
Bullfinch:  fire orange with gold sheen




Varied Bunting
Varied Bunting:  semi sheer grape purple


Mourning Dove, Frigatebird, Rose Robin, Bullfinch, Varied Bunting

The formula for all of these lipsticks are soft, creamy, and extremely pigmented.  They were also coconut scented, but my first assumption went towards Malibu Rum (which prompted my fiance to call me an alcoholic, pft whatever).  Since they are so creamy, the wear time isn't as good as a matte lipstick, but I would gladly trade wear time with comfort-ability.  I think Jenn's got a good thing going and I've been really impressed with her lipsticks so far, so I'm excited to see her new colors!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment