Friday, July 24, 2015

Notoriously Morbid State of Fear First Sighting Swatches

Taken from Notoriously Morbid's Customer's Crypt

I have some very exciting news today!  Earlier in the day, Notoriously Morbid just released a new Cryptids inspired eyeshadow collection.  It consists of 50 eyeshadows and each shadow is based on a state in the U.S.  The amazing label art is inspired by the state quarters which I enjoyed collecting as a child and is different for every single shadow!

Label art promo pictures taken from Notoriously Morbid

Since this is such an extensive collection, five shadows will be released monthly, with July being the first month.  They are also alphabetical, so as someone who lives in New York, I'm pretty sad that I have to wait longer, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the other states' monsters.  The owner, Carrie, sent me a sample set of the first wave (which I am calling the First Sighting) to swatch and play with.  Coincedentally, it arrived the day of the release, so I'm very happy to be able to share my thoughts with you!  As usual, all thoughts provided are my own, honest opinions.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)



Billiwhack
Billiwhack:  pale pink with gold shimmer




Kushtaka
Kushtaka:  periwinkle blue with blue sparkles and pink microshimmers




Wolf Woman
Wolf Woman:  light gray taupe base with red sheen.  I was really happy that there was a wolf related shadow because wolves are my favorite animals.  The label art for Wolf Woman is actually really creepy (as are the rest), so I'm not sure how I should feel about that haha.  This shadow in particular had a really light and buttery formula, it was very impressive!




Mogollon
Mogollon:  grass green with gold sparkles.  This is a really pretty color and my swatch actually looks more blue than it is in person.  In person, it's definitely very, very green.




Fouke
 Fouke:  gorgeous plum brown base with red sparkles and silver shimmer


Billiwack, Kushtaka, Wolf Woman, Mogollon, Fouke



Bonus EotD!



Wolf Woman (inner corner), Mogollon (lid), Fouke (outer corner) over Shadow Bind

I actually had to wait for the mailman to deliver my mail before I could go to work.  I knew my samples were out for delivery and wanted to use them ASAP, so I ended up going to work a tiny bit later!  I actually had another look using Kushtaka envisioned, but as soon as I saw Mongollon released on the site, I knew I was going to use it.  It's been about five hours since I applied my makeup and they're still sitting on my eyes, nice and pretty.  Carrie is nice enough to be sending me the label art as well, so I'll update this post with those pictures when I receive them!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment