Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hello Waffle Gods & Goddesses Collection Swatches


Canadian based indie company Hello Waffle recently released their collection based off of Greek gods and goddesses!  Since I love Greek mythology, I had to pick these up.  I actually got these awhile ago, so forgive me for posting these so late :x

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)

Goddess of Love
Goddess of Love: ballerina pink with blue shimmers.  





Of the Wildland
Of the Wildland: lavender with pink shimmers.  




The Renowned Artifcer
The Renowned Artificer: light peach with gold shimmers




Light of the Sun
Light of the Sun: metallic gold with green sparkles




Guide into the Underworld
Guide into the Underworld: tiger orange with pink shimmers




Of the Glinting Helmet
Of the Glinting Helmet: moss green with copper sheen and gold sparkles


Goddess of Love, Of the Wildland, The Renowned Artificer, Light of the Sun, Guide into the Underworld, Of the Glinting Helmet



Bringer of Storms
Bringer of Storms: beautiful plum with green sheen




The Unseen
The Unseen: dark brown with slight silver sheen and red and gold sparkles




Savior of Sailors
Savior of Sailors: beautiful navy blue with red shimmers




Obsidian Butterfly
Obsidian Butterfly: gray base with strong red sheen.  This was a GWP during the release and not a part of the collection.  The gray base and pink sheen reminds me of Fyrinnae's famous Serendipity, although I haven't compared them side to side.




Algae
Algae: brown base with TONS of green, blue, and gold glitter.  This was a shadow from Backstreets Makeup Co. that I picked up on Hello Waffle's website because I had yet to try them.  It definitely needs sticky base in order for the glitter to show up, but the day I wore it I got tons of compliments!  It's a very in-your-face shadow haha.




Fire
Fire: pigmented and opaque crimson gloss, more like liquid lipstick.  This is one of the glosses in her Avatar inspired line and Fire was the only one I'd wear out.  It's amazingly opaque and comfortable on the lips.


Bringer of Storms, The Unseen, Savior of Sailors, Obsidian Butterfly, Algae, Fire

As usual, I really love the darker colors of the collection.  I was super impressed with how pigmented Savior of Sailors was over regular primer.  I usually find dark blues harder to work with, so this was a pleasant surprise.  The label art for this collections also very beautiful, so I'd actually urge you to get full sizes if you want gorgeous artwork of gods and goddesses!  Let me know which god is your favorite!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment