Friday, July 24, 2015

Aromaleigh Rusalka Menagerie and Goddess Blushes Swatches


I'm really excited to post this review on Aromaleigh Cosmetics' Rusalka Menagerie and Goddess blushes!  Aromaleigh does a mini collection (Menagerie) every month based off a mythical creature/legend and the most recent one was of Rusalka!  They also release monthly face products inspired by various goddesses and feature some really beautiful label art!  I've been trying to stay away from indie blushes because I have many mainstream ones, but the label art always gets me and indie blushes often have gorgeous duochromes that I can't find in drugstores.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, this post has been stuck in draft limbo for awhile waiting for my computer issues to be resolved.  Now that they are, I'm happy to finally be able to show the swatches!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Samodiva
Samodiva:  ice blue with pink shimmers





Rusalka
Rusalka:  gorgeous teal with gold sheen




Vodnik
Vodnik:  green blush with blue shimmers.  I was super intrigued by this green blush and got a mini jar of it.  I admit that I probably should not have because I wouldn't wear a green blush often, but the label art was beautiful and if I were to get a bigger size I wanted it to be the most unique product.  Someone mentioned this makes a beautiful contour, so I will try that out!




Song to the Moon
Song to the Moon:  dusty lavender highlight with silver shimmers.  This was actually a surprise hit with me!  I dusted this on the top of my cheekbones very lightly and it made them pop in such a beautiful way!  I'm actually regretting not picking this up in a bigger size because I'm sorely tempted to in my next order.




Jezibaba
Jezibaba:  pigmented hot pink gloss with tons of blue shimmers




Rusalnaya
Rusalnaya:  murky, aquatic perfume by Alchimia Apothecary


Samodiva, Rusalka, Vodnik, Song to the Moon, Jezibaba




Amaterasu
Amaterasu:  tan highlighter with gold shimmers




Shakti
Shakti:  pink blush with green shimmers




Calla
Calla:  matte pink blush




Musidora
Musidora:  satin gray silver eyeshadow


Amaterasu, Shakti, Calla, Musidora

Overall, I'm really impressed with the Goddess blushes!  The label art definitely gets me to buy a bigger size than I normally would, but the texture and color is so beautiful that I don't actually regret it at all!  I think I will definitely get Song to the Moon in a mini jar next time though, I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I had it on and that's something I haven't done with other highlighters before.  The lip gloss was also impressively pigmented and comfortable on the lips.  Aromaleigh just snuck a peek of the newest Medusa inspired Menagerie and there'll be a beautiful purple gloss in it.  I'm excited and can't wait for that release :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment