Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mad Lab Cosmetics - First Impression and Swatches


I have a very exciting review on new-to-me indie company Mad Lab Cosmetics today.  They're a science themed company with beautiful eyeshadows named after elements.  I've been eyeing this company for a long time and finally took the plunge after seeing them in Working with Monolids' blog here.  I ordered the blogger pack which comes with one full sized item and five samples for $6.  When I received my order, it seems that a free sample of Lead was thrown in there as well!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Labradorite
Labradorite:  black base with blue and green sparkles.  I chose this as my full size because of how beautiful swatches of it were.  I was not disappointed at all, the jar was filled to the brim and the eyeshadow was stunning and pigmented over regular primer as well.




Blush Gold
Blush Gold:  shimmery pale pink with gold sheen.  This is probably their most loved eyeshadow so I had to pick up a sample.  It's very pretty and pigmented even over regular primer.




Aventurine
Aventurine:  beautiful green with gold shimmers




Lead
Lead:  satin gray.  This was my free sample and it really does look like lead, I'm very impressed!




Dark Fairy
Dark Fairy:  charcoal base with TONS of gold sparkles and green shimmers




Sea Witch
Sea Witch:  blackened purple base with purple and red shimmers.  This is stunning over a sticky base, but the purple shimmer is mostly lost over regular primer.  However, the base is still very pigmented so it would be great in the outer corner to deepen an eye look.




Wicked Queen
Wicked Queen:  charcoal base with copper and gold sparkles and red shimmers.  Similar to Sea Witch, looks amazing over a sticky base but loses most of its color over a regular primer but would still do wonderful to deepen an eye look.


Labradorite, Blush Gold, Aventurine, Lead, Dark Fairy, Sea Witch, Wicked Queen

Overall, my first order with Mad Labs was fantastic.  The eyeshadows were all pigmented, soft, and creamy.  I cannot wait to try more from this shop and see it expand.  I was definitely really impressed while I was swatching.  I highly recommend checking this shop out if you're into science, elements, or just really good eyeshadow.  Now that I'm looking at the group shot again I realize how out of place Blush Gold looks with everything else, I just had to try it because of all the love haha.

Until next time,

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment