Monday, May 11, 2015

Fyrinnae Blush and Liquid Matte Lipstick Swatches


Welcome back, everyone!  I have a review of several Fyrinnae blushes, eyeshadows, and one matte liquid lipstick.  I've had mixed feelings for Fyrinnae for awhile mainly because everyone gushes over their eyeshadows and the one time I tried them, I was not impressed (turns out I had the older loose formula instead of the semi-loose one).  Anyway, I came into a bit of money last month and wanted to try out their new liquid matte lipstick formula, especially their color Kitten.  As my luck would have it, Kitten was out of stock when I went on their website and I decided to pick up Dublin instead.  I've also seen so many raves of their blush formula and decided to pick up a few as well.

Fyrinnae is notorious for having a long TAT, but anyone familiar with the company knows that their TAT is actually much, much shorter.  I got my products within two weeks and have gotten to try out all of them.  Now you'll notice in the blush pictures that my application was very light and sometimes didn't even look like I'm changing my blush at all.  I went for a more wearable, everyday look instead of piled on my cheeks just to show off the color.  I want you all to see how they would look like applied and blended out naturally.  

Onto the swatches and review!

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Ailurophile
Ailurophile:  purple with gold sparkles.  This was my free sample and I thought it was very pretty, even though I don't usually go for purples.




Serendipity
Serendipity:  soft gray base with strong copper pink sheen.  This is probably the shade that Fyrinnae is most famous for (other than Mephisto) and I was interested to see it actually in stock.  I've gotta say, it's a pretty color and very glowy, but I am slightly disappointed.  Almost everyone who has this shade raves and raves about it.  It's probably because I already own a few other shades similar to this, so it's just another gray with copper/pink sheen shadow in my collection.  I'd still recommend it to people who don't have an eyeshadow like this yet.




Faust
Faust:  dark brown with gold shimmers.  Even though I don't need another dark brown, I picked this baby up because I like the name inspiration.  That was also the reason why I picked up Mephisto lol.




Dragon's Wing
Dragon's Wing:  green with blue shimmers.  This is a color I would normally not wear at all, but I couldn't resist anything dragon related.  It performs well, so I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Ailurophile, Serendipity, Faust, Dragon's Wing




Seduce
Seduce:  orchid blush with silver microchimmer




Nordic Angel
Nordic Angel:  dark coral blush with gold microshimmer.  I feel like this is the blush that everyone loves and I can see why.  It's very flattering on my skintone and I really liked wearing it.  It's extremely pigmented though, so I had to be very careful not to apply too much or I would have had orange cheeks.




Bewitching
Bewitching:  plum taupe blush with gold microshimmer.  I actually enjoy these last three blushes a lot!  They're darker, so they give my cheeks a more contoured effect.




Mystify
Mystify:  tawny pink blush with gold and red microshimmer.  Like Bewitching, Mystify gives my cheeks a contoured effect and I love it.  It does fade slightly after 12 hours, but I think that's very impressive.  It also blends extremely easily for such a dark blush.




Temptation
Temptation:  plum blush with red and gold microshimmer




Dublin
Dublin:  matte dark cool-toned green.  This liquid lipstick dries quickly and has no scent.  It's non-drying which I do like about it because most liquid lipsticks dry out my lips a lot and leaves them very uncomfortable.  It also leaves a slight greenish stain after four hours.

Seduce, Nordic Angel, Bewitching, Mystify, Temptation, Dublin

Overall, I really enjoyed my purchase and being able to try out all the blushes.  I find myself liking Fyrinnae's blush formula over their eyeshadow formula, not because the eyeshadows are bad, but because the blushes are just that good.  I find them all extremely blendable and with the right shade for your skintone, very flattering as well.  Like I said before, my favorites are Bewitching, Mystify, and Temptation.  I've reached for them several times since my purchase and will probably use them even more.  Their liquid matte lipstick formula is pretty good as well, it was relatively comfortable on the lips and long-lasting.  Since I already have so many products in my stash, I don't see myself repurchasing anytime soon, but I will continue happily using my blushes ^_^

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment