Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Corvus Cosmetics February 2015 CotM Berenice Swatches


I have a short swatch post today of Corvus Cosmetics' February CotM 'Berenice'.  As soon as it was released, I needed it because I love red shadows, especially dark reds.  It's inspired by a lovely tale about a guy obsessing over his cousin until he kills her and steals her teeth.  I told Noel (awesome owner) that one of my adult fears was losing all of my teeth.  Not them getting loose and falling out from old age, but me just hanging out one day and start spitting out teeth *shudder*.  

Anyway, it comes with the wonderful artwork you see above and should still be available for purchase on their website.

Sweet note on the business card :P

Haha, thank you Noel for making teeth kind of cute.

Berenice
Berenice:  matte dried blood red with faint silver shimmers.  I swatched this over Notoriously Morbid's Shadow Bind (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half).  The faint silver shimmers (I think they're supposed to represent the teeth...) come out more over a sticky base like Shadow Bind.  The color is still fairly pigmented over regular primer, which impresses me.

Another angle of Berenice
Overall, this shadow is a great representation of actual dried blood with a horrifying story tied to it.  I haven't used it yet, but I can see myself using it in a crease of a smoky eye.  Corvus has just launched a brand new website and a collection based off Grimm fairy tales.  If any of that sounds interesting to you, check them out!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment