Thursday, January 29, 2015

Notoriously Morbid January 2015 Vanishing Cabinet - Truly Outrageous! Swatches and Review


Today I have swatches and a review of Notoriously Morbid's January 2015 Vanishing Cabinet for you guys!  I'm working really hard to get these subscription boxes out before their month ends, so I have about three posts I have to write up in two days :x  Anyway, this month's box looks super fun because it's inspired by an 80's cartoon show called Jem and the Holograms.  I'm a 90's baby, so I missed it, but I absolutely love 80's music and how colorful everything was.  The cool thing about this whole VC is that everything seems to be duochrome or have some sort of sparkles or sheen!  The sparkles might not show up as well in my swatches, but trust me, they are there.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)

Enticing Elba
Enticing Elba:  beautiful cornflower blue with copper sheen.  This is a free sample to next month's VC and I'm so curious about the theme!  Texture-wise, if you notice any patchiness, that was totally my fault.  I didn't wait for the glitter glue to completely dry before applying the shade, oops.


Truly Outrageous!

Info about the theme
New waterproof labels!  So vivid :D


Rebel
Rebel:  dark rose coral with green sheen.  This is a beautiful color and the texture is to die for!  The texture is so smooth and the color is extremely pigmented.




Showtime
Showtime:  sparkly warm pink with tons of silver glitter




Headstrong
Headstrong:  sparkly light teal with tons of pink glitter




Show's Over
Show's Over:  sapphire with violet sparkles




Pureheart
Pureheart:  shimmery purple with red and gold microshimmers.  This shade actually gave a few other reviewers problems, especially with patchiness.  I did notice some patchiness over the sticky base, but it wasn't horrible.  The bigger issue with me is the sheerness, but that can be remedied with a sticky base (in which you will get a tiny bit of patchiness, but it's doable).




Starlight
Starlight:  sheer bubblegum pink with gold sparkles.  This lip gloss also has a bubblegum scent.  I was a bit disappointed with how sheer this gloss was.  It gave me a slight nude lip look when I applied it by itself and the gold sparkles weren't noticeable.  However, I shouldn't really complain because last month's gloss was fantastic and I loved it so much that I bought two...
Daylight:  Enticing Elba, Rebel, Showtime, Headstrong, Show's Over, Pureheart, Starlight

Overall, I REALLY loved this month's VC!  I remember not wanting to remove the swatches after I was done with taking pictures.  Everything was just so sparkly and pretty, so totally 80s!  I have to admit they are not colors I would normally buy or wear, but I'm so glad I have them because I'm motivated to try them out :)  That's not to say that there weren't any disappointments, but this month's pros definitely outweigh the cons and I don't think I'm ever going to give up my VC spot, ever.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment