Friday, November 14, 2014

Aromaleigh Cosmetics Holiday 2014 Sol Invictus Collection - Swatches and Review

Welcome back, everyone!  I'm so excited to bring you Aromaleigh's newest collection - Sol Invictus!  This is their collection for holiday 2014 and was inspired by the Roman holiday Saturnalia.  For those of you who are interested in learning more about the holiday and the meanings of each color, feel free to read them here.  After being excited by all the sneak peeks they were posting on their Facebook, I was contacted by Aromaleigh's representative and asked if I was interested in swatching this collection before it was officially released.  (Note:  It is released now, which you can buy from the link I posted above).  Of course I said yes!  I had such great experiences with their past collections, especially the Halloween 2014 Diavoli collection.  A sample set was shipped to me soon after and I received it within the week.  

The owner, Kristin, also included two free samples from their Mythical Monsters collection that I was eyeing so that was a great treat as well!  The day I decided to photograph these was a day I actually had natural light, which was another plus because my lamp was being weird.  However, my swatches couldn't focus on the beautiful sparkles as well as I would have hoped, but you can definitely catch a glimpse of them towards the bottom, where my camera gets a little out of focus.

Without further ado, here are swatches!

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

Oscilla
Oscilla:  sparkly peach with red, silver, and blue sparkles



Opalia
Opalia:  sparkly pink with pink and silver sparkles




Aurem
Aurem:  amber with gold sparkles




Sigillaria
Sigillaria:  shimmery bronze with blue and red shimmers




Munera
Munera:  shimmery taupe with multicolored shimmers




Lord of Misrule
Lord of Misrule:  charcoal base with beautiful red sparkles

Daylight:  Oscilla, Opalia, Aurem, Sigillaria, Munera, Lord of Misrule
Flash:  Oscilla, Opalia, Aurem, Sigillaria, Munera, Lord of Misrule


Sol Invictus
Sol Invictus:  dark coral with red, pink, green, and gold sparkles




Unchained Revelry
Unchained Revelry:  fuchsia with blue and pink sparkles




Luxuriae Maniae
Luxuriae Maniae:  beautiful plummy mauve with gold sparkles.  




Topsy Turvy
Topsy Turvy:  grass green with red, blue, and gold sparkles




Io, Saturnalia!
Io, Saturnalia!:  gorgeous ocean blue with gold sparkles




Lua Saturni
Lua Saturni:  sparkly indigo with blue sparkles and red shimmer

Daylight:  Sol Invictus, Unchained Revelry, Luxuriae Maniae, Topsy Turvy, Io, Saturnalia!, Lua Saturni
Flash:  Sol Invictus, Unchained Revelry, Luxuriae Maniae, Topsy Turvy, Io, Saturnalia!, Lua Saturni



Free Samples

Cthulhu
Cthulhu:  merlot base with beautiful blue green sparkles.  I swear, the blue green sparkles are way more apparent in person.




Gryphon
Gryphon:  shimmery pinky taupe with pink and gold sparkles.  Guys, this is a gorgeous shade!  It's so shimmery and complex in person.  This is perfect for neutral lovers who want a bit of pop to their look and even a jewel-tone lover like me loves this shade.

Daylight:  Cthulhu, Gryphon
Flash:  Cthulhu, Gryphon

Overall, the Sol Invictus collection is cohesive and beautiful.  It's supposed to be color shifting, similar to Diavoli collection, but is less apparent than its predecessor.  There are both neutral and bright shades with a fluffy plush texture.  The pigmentation, as you can tell, is great and Aromaleigh ships out their orders with lightning speed.  My favorites from this collection are Lord of Misrule, Luxuriae Maniae, and Io, Saturnalia!  I'll definitely be ordering another set of these to press along with my samples and I'll probably pick up my Diavoli favorites before they retire as well.

I highly recommend these shades, especially if you like neutral or spring-y colors.  Please consider picking up Gryphon as well!  And a huge huge thank you to Kristin for providing me these samples to swatch!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments: