Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ipsy October 2014 - Beauty Candy


The theme for Ipsy's bag this month is Beauty Candy.  If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed it was something aquatic related seeing as most of the things I got were blue and moisturizing/clean.  I received five things in my bag this month and I'm pretty happy with what I got, there was only one item I didn't like but we can talk more about that later. 

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

How cute is this bag?  This is my favorite item and it sort of resembles a chocolate bar?

Cleansing Cloths
Glacial Cleansing Cloths:  This is a sample from Skyn Iceland and I do like receiving skin products.  I haven't used this yet but I love makeup wipes as I use a LOT with makeup and swatches.  This is supposed to be an actual cleansing cloth that foams, so I'm very excited to try it out.




Hydrating Treatment
Hydrating Treatment:  this is a face moisturizer with a gel formula.  It absorbs quickly and has a soapy scent.  This is a sample from H2O+ and I've heard many things about this company so I was happy to receive this.  I do prefer this type of formula over cream moisturizers because they feel rather heavy on my skin.  I might look for something similar once I run out of this because it's a bit expensive.




Body Butter
Body Butter:  strong herbal rose scent.  This is a body butter sample from Ayres.  The consistency seems thin and absorbs well, but the scent is way too strong and not up my alley.




Mineralized Baked Shadow
Mineralized Baked Shadow:  I got this in the color "Ocean Breeze" and it's a pigmented medium silver blue.  This seems to be a full sized shadow from Jesse's Girl.  The pigmentation and texture are alright, but I wish I got another color since I don't use blues that often.




Lip Gloss
Lip Gloss:  creamy nude pink, vanilla scented.  This was a lip gloss sample from Starlooks in the shade "Guilty Pleasure" and I like the texture a lot.  I love receiving tinted lip products so I hope Ipsy sends me more!

Daylight:  Ocean Breeze, Guilty Pleasure
Flash:  Ocean Breeze, Guilty Pleasure
Overall, I was pretty satisfied with this month's bag.  Like I said before, I absolutely love the bag that was sent and have a lot of fun playing with it!  It has a very flexible, bendy nature that is unique to all the other Ipsy bags I've gotten.  I'm also very happy with the facial moisturizer and lip gloss.  This month was a hit for me and I can't wait for next month's.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment