Friday, October 17, 2014

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy October 2014 - Swatches and Review


This month's Innocent + Twisted Alchemy subscription came as a surprise because I received jars instead of clamshells.  I initially thought I received a full-sized subscription by mistake and messaged Linda about it, she assured me that she was trying out jars this month to see how they go.  Personally, I loathe clamshells and I was contemplating on unsubscribing because of all the trouble they've given me.  I+T's products are amazing and beautiful, but the hassle is too huge to ignore.

I received four eyeshadows and one blush from I+T and four additional samples from other companies.  Since this is the first time I'm receiving jars from I+T, let's discuss the packaging.  The jars are not shrink-wrapped, instead they are wrapped with adorable Halloween themed tape.  I experienced some leakage in the square jar, but the tape prevented product from leaking outside.




Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


Hallowing Voice
Hallowing Voice:  dusty rose with gold and blue shimmers




Empty Sorrow
Empty Sorrow:  taupe with blue shimmers and slight pink sheen




Cruor
Cruor:  matte maroon.  I found that the jar had unblended chunks of red and white shadows, but I didn't pick up any during my swatch.




Thaumaturage
Thaumaturage:  beautiful shimmery emerald




Augur
Augur:  dusty rose with streaks of unblended dark shadow

Daylight:  Hallowing Voice, Empty Sorrow, Cruor, Thaumaturage, Augur, Augur (blended)
Flash:  Hallowing Voice, Empty Sorrow, Cruor, Thaumaturage, Augur, Augur (blended)




Magic of Metals
Magic of Metals:  shimmery dark taupe.  This was a sample from Eccentric Cosmetics and it applied beautifully.




Binah
Binah:  sheer sky blue with blue sparkles.  This was a sample from Esoteric Aesthetic and the pigmentation was a bit disappointing.




Regina
Regina:  matte merlot base with blue shimmers/duochrome.  This was a sample from Hello Waffle Cosmetics and it's beautiful and pigmented; definitely a top-notch shadow that I would purchase.




Dementia
Dementia:  extremely opaque wine with red shimmers.  This was a lip gloss sample from Performance Colors.  I believe it's the second gloss sample I received from them and the last one was beautiful and opaque as well.

Daylight:  Magic of Metals, Binah, Regina, Dementia
Flash:  Magic of Metals, Binah, Regina, Dementia
This month was kinda great because of I+T's jars and Hello Waffle's knockout shadow!  I hope Linda continues using jars, assuming these won't leak on her.  This is also the last subscription box for 2014 since she's taking a break for the holiday season.  I look forward to when it comes back!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment