Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Notoriously Morbid September 2014 Vanishing Cabinet - 'Dark Cheshire' Swatches and Review


It's my favorite time of the month again!  It's time for Notoriously Morbid's monthly Vanishing Cabinet :)  For the month of September, the VC was inspired by Tim Curry's various movies.  When I first realized the theme, I went a bit nuts because I thoroughly enjoyed Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Can you believe my surprise when I found out it was so close to being omitted?  Anyway, we got four mini shadows, a Lipcraft gloss (my favorites!), and a sample from AFK Cosmetics.  They also included a sample sneak peek from the next VC; I already know what it is, but I won't spoil it for you!

A note explaining the various aspects of Dark Cheshire.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


Officer Friendly
Officer Friendly:  mahogany with orange and silver shimmers.  This is the sneak peek for next month's VC.



They All Float
They All Float:  pale pink with rainbow sparkles.  This one is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of unicorns!




Once Upon a Purple Moon
Once Upon a Purple Moon:  shimmery light warm pink




Wadsworth
Wadsworth:  BEAUTIFUL rust and green duochrome.  This one is a must have!  I received a sneak peek of it last month and fell in love.  It's so gorgeous and the duochrome is breath-taking.  If there are any left in the overstocks, please, please pick this one up; I promise you will not regret it.




Solace of Shadows
Solace of Shadows:  dusty purple taupe with pink shimmers




Toxic Love
Toxic Love:  silvery plum.  This was a sample from AFK Cosmetics.  They were actually a new company to me up until this month.  I received another sample shadow from them in my I+T subscription and ended up placing an order later.  Toxic Love has nice pigmentation and is a great shadow for all over the lid.




Helluva Lover
Helluva Lover:  sexy and pigmented slightly berry red.  It has a slight berry scent and is very moisturizing.  This is one of the sexiest red lip products I've ever owned.  Whenever I put it on, I can't stop checking myself out in the mirror.  It's extremely pigmented and sexy - I really recommend picking this one up if there are any left in the overstock!

Daylight:  Officer Friendly, They All Float, Once Upon a Purple Moon, Wadsworth, Solace of Shadows, Toxic Love, Helluva Lover
Flash:  Officer Friendly, They All Float, Once Upon a Purple Moon, Wadsworth, Solace of Shadows, Toxic Love, Helluva Lover

This is one of my favorite VCs so far!  As I said before, I really love Rocky Horror Picture Show, so I was so glad Helluva Lover was added.  These are also really nice colors to use all over the lid (except for They All Float, which will be a great inner corner highlight).  I really really hope I find a way to use Helluva Lover out because it's such a waste for me to just put it on at home to admire.  I absolutely love everything NM puts out and can't wait to see what else they have in store!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment