Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ipsy September 2014 - Street Style


Yay, I'm actually able to get this up before the end of September!  For some reason, I get my Ipsy bags quite late, so it's not totally my fault.  The theme for this bag is Street Style and I'm not quite sure what they were going for here.  I didn't really get any products that screamed "edgy street style!" to me besides the bag.  Nevertheless, the products I received were pretty nice and I've already used all of them at least once.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches done over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

The bag this week is gunmetal with studs, very cute.


Face Cleanser
Face Cleanser:  This is a face cleanser sample from Nourish Organic.  I've used this twice and was pretty meh about it.  I do like the scent, it's a mild watercress smell.  The cleanser didn't dry me out, but didn't remove my makeup (which it didn't claim to do).  This is a great cleanser to have, even though I don't sound too excited about it.  I generally don't get too excited about cleansers.



Leave-in Hair Perfector
Leave -In Hair Perfector:  This is a sample from Caviar CC Cream and is actually a leave in conditioner.  When I first saw it, I thought I got another face cream and wasn't very happy because they don't really match my skin tone.  However, this is actually a hair serum and I'm open to trying those since I have long hair and my ends tend to dry out and split.  I tried this today and it seemed to make my hair slightly softer.  It did weigh down my hair and make it look greasy, so I definitely have to avoid my roots.




Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
Shadow/Crease Duet Brush:  This is a dual ended brush from Crown Brush.  I've never tried them before nor have I owned a dual ended brush.  I love receiving brushes in my bag because I know I'll definitely use them.  Both ends are extremely soft.  The shadow end is a bit big for my eyelid, but I use it as a blender as well and the crease brush is amazing for the outer v!  It really packs the color in there and creates a very defined shape.




Cabernet
Cabernet:  This is a lipstick from Hikari.  I believe it's a full sized tube and holds a lot of product.  The lipstick itself is a dark berry color and is very long lasting.  I wore it out on a workday and it lasted for hours, faded evenly, and left a really nice stain.




Gunmetal
Gunmetal:  This is a creamy gunmetal liner from Pacifica.  It's a great liner, but I gave this away because I have many like it.

Daylight:  Cabernet, Gunmetal
Flash:  Cabernet, Gunmetal

Overall I liked this bag, the bag itself was cute and I actually found uses for ALL the products!  There are rarely bags where I will get to try out everything.  The hair perfecter didn't work out too well on me, but I will give it a few more tries before giving it away.  I do really like the lipstick and brush though, and I think the brush will be making its way into my daily brush rotation!  

What did you get in your Ipsy bag?  Did you like everything?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment