Monday, September 22, 2014

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy September 2014 Subscription - Swatches and Review


Hey everyone!  It's nearing the end of September so I'm going to try to get all these September subscription posts out before the end of the month.  The first one I received was from Innocent+Twisted Alchemy - they always deliver at a timely fashion and leave me plenty of time to write my review before the month is over.  This month was inspired by woodland creatures and includes a good amount of earthy tones and fall colors (which I love).  The owner, Linda, also decided to give us a colored drawing this time, and it's absolutely beautiful.  As usual, she included 3-4 samples from other companies including a lipstick and perfume sample.

Closeup of her beautiful drawing.  I like how the eyes match the amber necklace.
Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

Chains of Reality
Chains of Reality:  matte mahogany with very slight silver shimmer.  I'm so happy that Linda is giving us more mattes.  Personally, I'm not a matte fan, but I think hers are so pigmented and silky that it's hard to resist.




Souls Entwined
Souls Entwined:  semi sheer purple with red shimmer




Slumber in Peace
Slumber in Peace:  matte pine green.  This shade was intensely pigmented as well.  I actually used all 3 shadows in my eye look yesterday (Slumber in Peace all over the lid, Souls Entwined in my inner corner, and Chains of Reality in the outer v + crease).  They wore amazingly well and the pigmentation was outstanding.  I had no time to take a picture in the morning, and due to a particularly awful day at work, ended up crying them off at the end of the day... So yeah, just take my word on how long-lasting these mattes are, thanks.




Mikasa
Mikasa:  shimmery scarlet red.  This is an Attack on Titan inspired shadow from AFK Cosmetics.  I hadn't tried them before, but after this, I made an order and ended up receiving another sample from them in my Notoriously Morbid subscription.  It's really turning out to be an AFK month haha.




Chakra
Chakra:  semi sheer violet with blue shimmers.  This was a sample/trial vial from Scaredy Cat Cosmetics.  It's not surprise that I love this company and think they need more love.  This is the second time I've gotten a sample from them in my I+T boxes and somehow, in both boxes, Linda gave me colors that I didn't have!  It's a hard thing to do considering I have most of Scaredy Cat's shadows :P  Chakra is gorgeous in the vial, but didn't turn out as pigmented as I hoped in my swatch.  I'm sure it would be stunning over a glitter adhesive though.




Island of the Fay
Island of the Fay:  bright opaque magenta.  This is a lipstick sample from Beauty Barbaby.  I had heard a lot about them from Dreadfully Divine (she's a wonderful blogger btw) and she had swatched a lot of their lipsticks.  I've always been impressed with the pigmentation, so I'm glad I got a sample to try out.




Rapunzel
Rapunzel:  smells like incense.  This is a perfume sample from Midsummer Dreams Apothecary.  I'm not good with perfume and terrible with notes, so I probably can't describe this correctly.  It's not a scent that I prefer, but I know it would definitely work on someone else.

Daylight:  Chains of Reality, Souls Entwined, Slumber in Peace, Mikasa, Chakra, Island of the Fay
Flash:  Chains of Reality, Souls Entwined, Slumber in Peace, Mikasa, Chakra, Island of the Fay

I really did enjoy the September subscription, the addition of mattes were wonderful and I love getting to try a new lipstick!  I have yet to use the samples from other companies, but when I get to them, I'm sure I will love them as well.  As I've said in previous posts, I really like that I+T includes samples from other companies because it brings more awareness to things I never knew existed and I think it's great that she helps them out.  I love the indie community and the friendly relationships between companies.  If you're interested in any of the I+T shadows from today, fear not, she posts overstocks of colors later on so non-subscribers can buy it!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment