Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio, Lavender Town, and Nightfury - Swatches and Review


I have a small Shiro review for you guys today!  Awhile ago, someone from Shiro's team "accidentally" blended a batch of old CotM "No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio".  Now I'm not sure how accidents like that happen, but I'm super happy about it.  No Oscar was actually released and discontinued before I discovered indies, so I didn't have a chance to get it then.  Several of the Super Effective shadows also got discontinued and the leftovers were blended together to create the lovely "Lavender Town".  I used this chance to pick both of those up as well as the current CotM "Nightfury", a Minecraft sample that I'd been looking at for awhile, and a sample of her famous Finishing Powder.

I'm used to waiting weeks upon weeks for Shiro to ship my order, however, this time they shipped it lightning fast.  I believe I waited about two business days before I got my shipping notice!  In my order, I had asked for Detrivore samples and a picture of Doraemon sitting on TARDIS.  As usual, Caitlin did not disappoint:


Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio
No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio:  shimmery bronze with red sparkles.  I find this hilarious as it's a running joke how Leo really deserves an Oscar yet it always escapes him.  I really can't wait to pair this up with Still No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio.




Lavender Town
Lavender Town:  dusty -almost taupe- lavender with silver shimmer




Nightfury
Nightfury:  pretty purple with green sparkles.  Now I was really happy this finally got made because I remember it was in the running a few months back but lost.  I guess with the recent release of How to Train Your Dragon 2, the need resurfaced.  I was actually a tiny bit disappointed with how light the color was.  If you've seen the movie, you know Toothless is almost black in color.  My swatch picture actually came out darker than it is in person.  It's definitely a pretty color though, and if you're a fan of the movie, then I would recommend picking it up.




What's That Smelt?
What's That Smelt?:  purple-toned silver with gold sparkles




Finishing Powder: Fatality
Fatality Finishing Powder:  feels a bit gritty on my skin and leaves a slight white cast




Azura
Azura:  sheer matte blue with silver shimmers; it took several layers for it to show up this well over primer




Blush:  Beloved
Beloved Blush:  silky matte coral.  I actually really like this color and used it already.  If I didn't have so many blushes in my collection, I would definitely pick up a full size jar of this.

Daylight:  No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio, Lavender Town, Nightfury, What's that Smelt?  Fatality, Azura, Beloved
Flash:  No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio, Lavender Town, Nightfury, What's that Smelt?  Fatality, Azura, Beloved

I'm very happy that I got my hands on the coveted No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio!  It's definitely a lovely neutral and would go well with the others in my collection.  I'm really happy with both Lavender Town and Nightfury also, I think they would pair nicely together with What's that Smelt? in the inner corner!  If either of the limited edition eyeshadows are still on Shiro's website, go get it now!  

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment