Friday, August 8, 2014

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy August 2014 Subscription - Swatches and Review


Hi everyone, today I'm reviewing my August subscription package from Innocent + Twisted Alchemy!  Let me tell you, Linda has been shipping these out so early; it's really amazing.  I received my shipping notice on August 4th and received it two days later!  This month is also quite special because it's another themed package.  If you couldn't tell from the envelope already, the theme of August is Nana.  It's a manga that's quite popular; sadly, I couldn't get into it.  I've actually read the other work from the same author called Paradise Kiss.  Either way, I'm sure the colors of this month will call out to fans of Nana!

Also, look how cute the packaging is!  I absolutely swooned over the pretty decorations and swooned more when it actually opened up to be a mini paper bag; ughhh.  Anyway..onto the swatches (before I swoon more).

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches done over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)  

7 & 8
7 & 8:  shimmery pale pink with silver sheen




Tranes
Tranes:  beautiful shimmery light lavender green shimmers




Ren Flower
Ren Flower:  shimmery warm pink with strong green sheen




Blast!
Blast!:  pigmented matte black loaded with red and blue sparkles

Daylight:  7 & 8, Tranes, Ren Flower, Blast!
Flash:  7 & 8, Tranes, Ren Flower, Blast!


Dog Days
Dog Days:  matte tan.  This is a sample from Blackbird Cosmetics and it's really nice!  It's quite a huge sample and wow, this matte shadow was so pigmented.  I feel like this might make a great contour shade for me.




Corrode
Corrode:  greenish brown with green sparkles.  This was from Glamour Doll Eyes, I'm not sure if it's a sample or full sized jar because it's such a generous amount!  I've had Glamour Doll Eyes shadows and I do like them a lot.  This shadow reminds me of zombies (but sexy, zombies.  Does that make sense??).  I like this color a lot and I know I'll be using it whenever I get a chance to.




Candy Hearts
Candy Hearts:  shimmery hot pink.  This is a sample from Chinovi Cosmetics.




Ashitaka
Dusk Cosmetics business card
Ashitaka:  soft plum with blue duochrome.  This was a sample from Dusk Cosmetics.  Okay, anyone who know me will know that I LOVE wolves, so anything with wolves is an automatic win for me.  When I first saw the shadow, I knew it was referencing Princess Mononoke, which has a bunch of gigantic wolves running around.  The color itself is beautiful, and then I saw the label... It has a cute little wolf on it!  The business card also, oh my gosh.  I was in wolf heaven.  I immediately checked out the site on Storenvy.  She has a Princess Mononoke collection and also a Howl's Moving Castle collection.  The label arts are also very beautiful.  You can bet your butt that I'll be picking some up later!




Vamp
Vamp:  pigmented dark purple balm.  This little sample was from Performance Colors.  However, it took me awhile to realize that because there was absolutely no information on them.  I only figured it out after reading the letter that Linda includes with each subscription.  The balm itself is very pigmented, but rather unwearable for daytime.  I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

Daylight:  Dog Days, Corrode, Candy Hearts, Ashitaka, Vamp
Flash:  Dog Days, Corrode, Candy Hearts, Ashitaka, Vamp

Even though I never read Nana and couldn't appreciate the references, I definitely appreciated the colors!  While looking at all the group swatches, I realized that my subscription this month is very...pink.  I think about half of the shadows I got were pink related.  I usually like doing looks with just the colors I got in the sub (so I get to try how they look all together, and it's more of a cohesion thing), but that might not be possible.  I really did like Dog Days and Corrode though, just wow.  I've never been as impressed with a matte than I was with Dog Days.  I look forward to using all of these and seeing if I can really come up with different looks.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment