Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Aromaleigh Cosmetics Okeanides Collection - Swatches and Review


Hi everyone!  I'll be doing a review of Aromaleigh's new Okeanides collection - a mini 10 shadow collection inspired by the daughters of Oceanus from Greek mythology.  Now this is really exciting for me for two reasons, one - I'm a huge Greek mythology buff, and two - I got these for free!  When Aromaleigh gave a sneak peek of this collection, I knew I had to have them all when they officially release them.  There was a contest on their Facebook page to win a sample set of the whole collection and I ended up winning by chance.  It was so exciting for me!  Shipping took awhile because USPS messed up the route a LOT and it was pretty annoying, but Aromaleigh's representative kept checking in with me to see if I received it or not.

I finally received it about a week ago and swatched them immediately.  I really enjoy the satin metallic texture of some shades.  I really hope they expand this collection because I really love this theme!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches done over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

Galatea
Galatea:  sheer golden nude with red sparkles




Skylla
Skylla:  beautiful peachy pink with golden sheen.  This has a satin metallic finish and I think it would make an absolutely gorgeous blush.  Now as a mythology fan, I hope they expand this collection to at least include a Charybdis color (that should pair up nicely with Skylla).



Amphitrite
Amphitrite:  pink with blue sparkles



Europa
Europa:  creamsicle orange with green sparkles



Nemesis
Nemesis:  mustard brown with strong red sheen.  This beautiful shade is another satin metallic shadow and I find myself really loving these.

Daylight:  Galatea, Skylla, Amphitrite, Europa, Nemesis
Flash:  Galatea, Skylla, Amphitrite, Europa, Nemesis


Thetis
Thetis:  lavender with red sheen.  Another satin metallic shade and it's also beautiful.



Pleione
Pleione:  seafoam green with gold sparkles



Ligeia
Ligeia:  stunning blue gray with gold shimmers.



Kirke
Kirke:  dusty teal with coral sheen.  Satin metallic finish; look at that duochrome!  I think this was the one I was most excited to try out.



Keto
Keto:  charcoal with blue shimmer

Daylight:  Thetis, Pleione, Ligeia, Kirke, Keto
Flash:  Thetis, Pleione, Ligeia, Kirke, Keto
I'm really happy and thankful to receive this collection.  I really urge you to try out the shades with satin metallic finishes as they have a great texture too.  Aromaleigh has a really quick TAT and they also have an extremely vast collection.  As soon as they finish the Serpens collection, you can bet I'll get my hands on the whole thing since I love dragons!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment