Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 - Beauty Rocks


I'm back again with the monthly Ipsy bag review!  For the theme for the month of April was Beauty Rocks.  I received 5 items in my bag and the only things that actually scream "rock" to me are the eyeliner and bag.  


Beauty Rocks bag that is supposed to look like a record player.  It's pretty cute and taller than their usual bags.

Jasmine Roll-On Perfume Oil
Demeter Jasmine Perfume Oil Roll On:  This is the first roll-on perfume I've received and I normally love jasmine scents.  However, this is a bit strong for my taste, so I don't know how often I will be reaching for this.



Skin exfoliant
dr. brandt microdermabrasion:  A facial scrub I presume; I haven't used this yet but I'm intrigued.



pop! Goes the shadow
Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow:  I got this in the shade 'Champagne'.  It's a shimmery champagne/light rose gold.  It was a bit sheer when I used it on the lid, but would probably make a great inner corner highlight.



tinted lip balm
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm:  This is in the color 'Apple Pink'.  It's a pigmented burnt orange-pink.  I know it looks peachy in the picture, but as soon as you rub off that initial layer, it reveals a more pink layer underneath.  This is more of a lipstick than a lip balm; it's extremely pigmented but not moisturizing at all.  I did not like the feel of this alone on my lips.



Glide-On Eye Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil:  I got this in the color 'Black Velvet'.  I was excited to try this eyeliner because I've heard many good reviews on it.  It's a very pigmented and creamy black liner.

Daylight:  Champagne, Apple Kiss, Black Velvet
Flash:  Champagne, Apple Kiss, Black Velvet

Overall, my impression of this bag was 'meh'.  There wasn't anything that really wowed me, but I didn't hate anything either.  The makeup items all seem like good staples to have in your collection

No comments:

Post a Comment