Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ipsy March 2014 - Destination Beauty


Hi everyone!  I'm here again with my March bag from Ipsy.com.  This month's theme is Destination Beauty; I only received 4 products this month contrary to my usual 5.  However, the cuteness of the bag and my impressions of most products made up for that.


This bag is designed by Klari Reis and was inspired by San Francisco's geography.  I hope Ipsy has more bags like this because they are so interesting. 

Get Ready
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick:  I got this in the color 'Get Ready'.  This is a pigmented rose color and is also very moisturizing.  I like this lipstick a lot and can see myself wearing it out often.



Indigo Blue
Chella Eyeliner:  I got this eyeliner in 'Indigo Blue'.  True to its name, it glides on as a very pigmented blue.  This is a nice eyeliner to my collection because most of the blue eyeliners I have tend to be indistinguishable from black.  Furthermore, this is extremely long-wearing; I had to scrub it down to get the color off and it still left behind a decent stain on my arm for days.



Bora Bora
Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad:  I was very impressed with this quad.  All colors were soft and pigmented except the teal.  The teal was a bit harder to pick up and needed several layers for perfect opacity.  This actually reminds me of one of the Wet n Wild Fergie palettes, but most likely has better quality.



Vita Liberata
Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion:  I'm not sure why I received this but I haven't tried it yet.  I'm a little wary of getting tanning lotion because of streaks on my clothes.  I might try a bit on my stomach first if anything and see if it shows up.

Swatch time (done over bare skin):

Daylight:  Get Ready, Indigo Blue, Bora Bora
Flash:  Get Ready, Indigo Blue, Bora Bora
Overall, I really like this bag!  At first, I was a bit confused about the theme but after seeing the products, I kind of get it.  The bag has a geographic design, the quad is called 'Bora Bora' and I got a tanning lotion haha.  For some reason I'm not receiving emails from Ipsy anymore so I don't know when my bag is coming or when my GlamRoom goes live (which is where you can see which products you get before your bag arrives).  This is a good way to bring back the suspense and surprise so I'm not too miffed about that!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. I was totally confused by the theme, but I didn't get "Bora Bora" or the tanning lotion so that may explain why. :P They had a pretty good selection of items all around this month though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones did you get in your bag? I know some people got a NYX trio and I believe they name their palettes after places sometimes :D

      Delete