Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics Valentines Derps - Swatches and Review


You'll probably notice that my post is titled Valentines Derps which means I am late with a post, yet again.  I'm sorry guys, I really need to start making an effort to keep up with things like this.  As amazing as Shiro Cosmetics is, they make mistakes too!  Usually colors don't turn out exactly as they had hoped, or maybe there's an ingredient they were using that ended up being unavailable.  Such colors are too pretty to throw out so they are sold as pretty mistakes - a.k.a. "Derps".  There haven't been a new round of Derps for months, so when Caitlin announced that there would be a new round, everyone jumped at the chance.

She decided to release them during Valentines Day and give them extremely cynical candy-heart like names.  Truth be told, I love them and I got a few just because of the names.  When my package came, she included two pieces of love-themed candy; they were devoured before they had a chance to melt.  

Pictures are taken in daylight (click to enlarge)

You're a Six
You're a Six swatch
You're a Six:  pale pink.  I got this solely because of the name and the color seemed lovely.  The description read, "You're a six.  A solid six."  It cracked me up and I knew I needed this.



I've Done Worse
I've Done Worse swatch
I've Done Worse:  cranberry with blue sheen.  This is similar to the CotM "Bowties are Cool", except that one has a green sheen.  I really like this one and I'm glad I swooped this up pretty quickly.



You're in my Top Fifty
You're in my Top Fifty swatch
You're in my Top Fifty:  light periwinkle with gold sheen



I'll Text You Sometime
I'll Text You Sometime swatch
I'll Text You Sometime:  cornflower blue with gold glitter



You Look Like My Sister
You Look Like My Sister swatch
You Look Like My Sister:  charcoal base with green shimmer.  This is similar to Lingered in Twilight but not as dark - very beautiful nonetheless.



You're Good Practice
You're Good Practice swatch
You're Good Practice:  sheer lavender with gold sparkle



It's Been Fun
It's Been Fun swatch
It's Been Fun:  matte dusty rose with sparkles



You Seem Nice
You Seem Nice swatch
You Seem Nice:  shimmery pinky copper.  This is a gorgeous shade, it's like a darker rose gold.



Destiny's Princess
Destiny's Princess swatch
Destiny's Princess:  warm pink with gold sheen.  This was my first free sample and was very buttery.  This seems similar to Punch Punch Pork and is very pretty.



Smashing Pots
Smashing Pots swatch
Smashing Pots:  warm chocolate brown with rainbow sparkles.  It's a very pretty color and the sparkles stand out.

Swatches (bare skin):

Daylight:  You're a six, I've done worse, You're in my top fifty, I'll text you sometime, You look like my sister, You're good practice, It's been fun, You seem nice, Destiny's Princess, Smashing Pots 
Flash:  You're a six, I've done worse, You're in my top fifty, I'll text you sometime, You look like my sister, You're good practice, It's been fun, You seem nice, Destiny's Princess, Smashing Pots 

I was having buyer's remorse at first because I got some of these purely for their hilarious names.  However, once I received and swatched them, I have no regrets.  I love each and every one of these and I'm glad I snatched these up before they were sold out (most of them are sold out by now).  My favorites are probably "I've done worse", "You look like my sister", "It's been fun", and "You seem nice".  I also made another order to get some other soon-to-be retired colors and the Color of the Month I suggested, "I Tried".  Stay tuned for swatches of those!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment