Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lumikki Cosmetics - Swatches and Review


Hi everyone!  I have a mini-review of Lumikki Cosmetics for you today.  They're an indie shop that I've been interested in a very long time.  One of their best sellers, Dragon Scale, caught my eye and I really wanted to try it out.  They recently reopened their Etsy shop along with a standalone shop and had good reviews so I figured I'd make a small purchase and try them out.  The website is a bit annoying to navigate and there are no color descriptions for most shadows so you have to just guess from the pictures.

Their samples are a bit more expensive than I'm used to at $2.50 per jar.  However, they're supposed to have 1/2tsp in each jar so it's not a bad deal.  I decided to order Dragon Scale and something from their beautiful Galaxy Collection, Supernova.  My order shipping in two days and I received it by the end of the week.

There were two free samples included with my order and the jars had a good amount of product so I was impressed.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

Death Star
Death Star:  shimmery silver.  This was my first free sample; it was very smooth and pigmented.



Duchess
Duchess:  shimmery royal purple.  This was my other free sample and it was also smooth and pigmented.



Dragon Scale
Dragon Scale:  shimmery medium green with purple sparkles.  I thought the green would be darker and the sparkles don't show up well without a sticky base.  This is absolutely beautiful in the jar and it's also very smooth and pigmented.



Supernova
Supernova:  matte black with copper sparkles.  This one was amazingly beautiful and pigmented.  It's my favorite of the bunch and just stunning.  I felt the sparkles when I was swatching, but it's not overly gritty.  I really want all of the shadows from the Galaxy collection!

Daylight:  Death Star, Duchess, Dragon Scale, Supernova
Flash:  Death Star, Duchess, Dragon Scale, Supernova
Blurred to show sparkles - Death Star, Duchess, Dragon Scale, Supernova
I'm so impressed and in love with my order.  Although I was a bit underwhelmed by Dragon Scale, I'm still glad I was able to try it.  Supernova is extremely gorgeous and you can really see how much the sparkles show up in the blurred picture.  There was a 20% off coupon included with my order and I'll definitely be making another purchase soon.  I just hope there will be color descriptions the next time I browse the site.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment