Friday, January 24, 2014

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains - Review and Swatches


Hi everyone!  I finally collected all of Jordana's Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains.  My local Walgreens had all but ONE color and I wanted to review the whole set.  The balm stains are Jordana's take on the popular jumbo lip pencil trend.  It retails for $3/each and are supposed to be moisturizing and staining.  There are 8 colors in this line and they are all moisturizing and feel great on the lips.  They are numbered from #1-8 and I've swatched them in chronological order instead of by shade.


Face photos are taken in daylight (click to enlarge).  I'm holding a white card in the photos because the automatic white balance usually makes my daylight photos very cool toned without a true white object in it.

Nude Chic
Nude Chic:  light nude with silver glitter.  This was my least favorite shade because of the texture and color.  The texture is a bit gritty because of the glitter and it also looks too frosty for my taste.



Sweet Pink 
Sweet Pink:  opaque bright pink.  This color is extremely staining!



Tropical Frenzy
Tropical Frenzy:  opaque bright pink.  It's similar to Sweet Pink, but a hair darker.



Candied Coral
Candied Coral:  bright coral; this color leans more orange.



Honey Love
Honey Love:  sheer plum brown.  This is my favorite shade because it's a great MLBB (My Lips But Better) on me.



Cranberry Crush
Cranberry Crush:  cranberry/dark fuchsia.  I love darker colors, so this is a bit more sheer than I would have liked.  It still has enough color to show up though and better for people who like lip products with moderate opacity.



Rock n Rouge
Rock n Rouge:  bright true red.  



Terra Crave
Terra Crave:  sheer dark brown.  This might just seem sheer to me because it's also similar to my lip shade.  It looks a bit more red in the photo because of the staining from the previous colors.

Daylight:  Nude Chic, Sweet Pink, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, Rock n Rouge, Terra Crave

Flash:  Nude Chic, Sweet Pink, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, Rock n Rouge, Terra Crave

To give you an idea of the crazy staining power (especially Sweet Pink and Tropical Frenzy), this is a picture taken after wiping off everything from my lips and taking a shower.  I only have clear Vaseline on my lips in this picture:


I enjoy these balm stains very much!  Although the lighter colors may not work on me as well, I can't deny that they do their job.  These are all extremely moisturizing and don't need any type of lip balm underneath.  The balm stains are a great product for their price and I recommend them wholeheartedly.  My favorites would have to be Honey Love and Terra Crave.  Since they are brown-based neutrals, they look good on my skintone and I love wearing them with smoky eyes.

What do you think of these moisturizing balm stains?  Will you be trying any?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment