Friday, January 31, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Bag - 19 Reasons


It's still January here so I'm technically not late :P  This month's Ipsy bag seems to be centered around skincare instead of cosmetics.  As you can tell from the picture below, the bag they included has pictures of skincare products (lotions, moisturizers, sunscreen?).  I received 5 products in my bag and I have mixed feelings about some of them.





Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissue:  I haven't used these yet, but makeup wipes are always good :)  I'm running low on the ones I have right now so I'll use these afterward.




Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner:  Whew, what a mouthful!  Now I wasn't a fan of the first Sexy Hair product they sent me way back in the summer.  This one seems to work pretty well.  I used it twice after washing my hair and my hair was definitely easier to comb through.




LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution:  This is a toner, serum, and moisturizer in one.  I used it once after my shower as I normally do with my St. Ives moisturizer.  This went on a bit thicker and harder to spread than my St. Ives.  It also felt really heavy on my face; I don't believe I'll be using this anymore.




MICAbeauty Tinted Lip Balm:  I got this in the color Fiesta.  It's a dusty medium pink and goes on like a lipstick.  It's extremely pigmented, smooth, and I absolutely love this product.




Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow:  I got this in the color Penny which is a sparkly metallic copper.  It took a few swipes to get an even application but is a pretty color.

Swatches are done over bare skin:

Fiesta and Penny
Flash:  Fiesta and Penny
I'm not a huge fan of skincare products, but I was really impressed with the lip balm.  It provided extremely good pigmentation with just one swipe and was smooth.  As usual, I'm happy with receiving the bags because it gives me another place to store all my indie eyeshadows.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment