Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Wet n Wild Pop Art Craze Trios - Review and Swatches


I'm so late in posting all of my Wet n Wild reviews!  This is the Pop Art Craze collection that came out during the summer and can still be found in some select drugstores.  It includes six trios in white packaging instead of the traditional black.  They are extremely colorful and based off of Andy Warhol's works.  People have been asking Wet n Wild to do more matte shadows and they listened!  These are almost all matte shades with the exception of a few satins and one shimmery shade thrown in.



All the pictures are taken in daylight with no primer:

Three's A Party
Three's A Party swatch
Three's A Party:  matte white, satin pinky red, matte black.  The white was sheer and powdery; the black was very pigmented.  I only wanted this trio as it was the only one I'd use the most;  I like the smoky look you can achieve with it.  The black and red shadows blend in really easily with each other.


To Muse and Carouse
To Muse and Carouse
To Muse and Carouse:  matte orange-peach, satin warm brown, light blue.  The warm brown was soft and pigmented while the light blue was very sheer and took multiple layers to show up.  This trio was the last I found because I suspect it was highly sought after for its neutral look.  I recommend this because the warm brown is a very pretty color and a great blending shade.


I'm Seeing Triples!
I'm Seeing Triples! swatch
I'm Seeing Triples!:  matte lime green, matte cerulean, matte dusty mauve-plum.  This was a pretty trio to have and I saw another blogger do a gorgeous peacock inspired look with it.


Your 15 Minutes Aren't Up!
Your 15 Minutes Aren't Up! swatch
Your 15 Minutes Aren't Up!:  matte yellow, matte purple, matte medium pink.  The matte purple was hard and sheer; it took an insane amount of layers for this color to show up.  When I first saw this trio, I thought it was very Easter-y.


A Regular at the Factory
A Regular at the Factory swatch
A Regular at the Factory:  pastel yellow with silver shimmer, matte teal, matte burnt orange.  The yellow is the only shimmery color in this collection but does not apply that way and is very pigmented.  The teal is sheer while the burnt orange is very pigmented.


Hard Being the It Girl
Hard Being the It Girl swatch
Hard Being the It Girl:  matte pastel pink, matte cobalt blue, matte pastel yellow-tan.  The pastel pink and pastel yellow-tan were both pigmented.


These trios are great for a pop of color and the bonus is that they're matte shades, which are apparently very hard to find in drugstores.  I don't have much experience with matte shadows but these did not apply very well with a brush.  I had to swatch with my fingers and I believe other bloggers also recommend using the sponge-tip applicator that comes with the trio.  Also, for some reason, the middle crease color in the trios seem to be harder than the other colors and was more difficult to pick up color.

I would recommend this collection if there are still some near you.  They're a very inexpensive way to play with bright colors and matte shadows.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment