Monday, November 18, 2013

Small Shiro Cosmetics Haul ft. Zero and Oogie Boogie


I have a very short review of the beloved Shiro Cosmetics!  It's so short because I wanted to grab the limited Halloween shades 'Zero' and 'Oogie Boogie' before it was gone.  I also ordered the new Game of Thrones collection along with the two Colors of the Month, so I will have a review of that up soon!

I purchased seven shadows (2 Zero, Punch Punch Pork, Alkahestry, Oogie Boogie, Chimera, The Last Homely House) and got a free sample of It's Mossy!  I pressed all of my shadows except for It's Mossy! because I'd actually ordered a sample of that in my next order so I will press them together.  I also asked Caitlin to draw a little somethin' somethin' ;)


How awesome is this??  I asked if she can "draw me a picture of Totoro and Doraemon dancing together.  And if she can somehow incorporate Catbus into it, that would be awesome".  I was not disappointed.  I mean, look at this.


Onto the swatches!  All pictures were taken under daylight bulb and swatches were done over ELF's Essential Primer:

Zero swatch
Zero:  pale pink/lavender with gold sheen.  I ordered two of these because Shiro gives 1/8 tsp for limited edition shades instead of the usual 1/4th.  I heard great, great things about it and people kept urging me to get it.  I was not disappointed at all.  The swatch makes it seem like it's a milky pink, but the gold sheen shows more.  It's just very beautiful!



Punch Punch Pork swatch
Punch Punch Pork:  light pink with a green sheen.  This is a very interesting color, I initially stayed away from it because I don't normally wear pinks.  However, after seeing other swatches, I figured I might as well pick it up.  I'm glad I did :)



Alkahestry swatch
Alkahestry:  light purple with blue sparkles.  I was extremely excited to pick this one up because it was recommended by many.  Many people have pressed this shadow and it looks so beautiful in the pan!  This ended up applying kind of sheer, so it may benefit more from a sticky base.  It's jam packed with blue sparkles though!



Oogie Boogie swatch
Oogie Boogie:  velvety greenish taupe.  I love this one; it applied so smoothly.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it's velvety; it went on like butter.  It looks brown in the swatch, but it has a green sheen to it and it's lovely.



Chimera swatch
Chimera:  brown with red sheen.  This is an interesting shade, it looks taupe when pressed in the pan, but applies more...complex.  It's very difficult to explain.  The site describes it as a "tarnished gold and silver shimmer over a blackened background".  I see more of a taupe with a red/pink sheen and silver shimmer.  



The Last Homely House swatch
The Last Homely House:  brownish red with green duochrome.  This shadow is amazing.  I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is.  It's probably one of the strongest duochromes that Shiro offers.  It looks green when pressed, but applies red.  You guys need to get this.



It's Mossy! swatch
It's Mossy!:  blackened base with blue/green shimmer.  After looking at the swatch, it seems like it's more sparkly than shimmery.  I may be able to give a better review after pressing it since I tend to use my shadows more.

Daylight:  Zero, Punch Punch Pork, Alkahestry, Oogie Boogie, Chimera, The Last Homely House, It's Mossy!
Flash:  Zero, Punch Punch Pork, Alkahestry, Oogie Boogie, Chimera, The Last Homely House, It's Mossy!

This may have been a small post, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think I have an obsession with pressing eyeshadows now, it's such an enjoyable hobby!  The worst thing is waiting for my empty palettes to arrive from halfway across the world.  My favorites from this haul are Zero, Oogie Boogie, and The Last Homely House.  Please check out Shiro; they have amazing products and draw hilarious things to humor you when they don't have to :B

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Stay tuned; I've made quite a few indie orders on Black Friday!

      Delete