Friday, October 25, 2013

September Ipsy Bag - Classic Beauty

Okay, the Ipsy's September bag has got to be my favorite by far.  September is my favorite month not only because it's my birth month, but also because it's the start of fall.  Fall is my favorite season out of the year because of its transitional weather, not too hot and not too cold.

Anywho, the theme for September's Ipsy bag was Classic Beauty.  The bag is beautiful blue with intricate black designs and I have contemplated on using it as an actual clutch on various occasions.  Following the classic beauty theme, they have included products that would be perfect for a smoky eye.



Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks
Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks in 'Rose', 'Blue Agave', and 'Star Fruit':  Only two is pictured here because I had used the Star Fruit mask which was green.  It smelled so amazing that I was a little sad on having to use it up and throw it out.  The Star Fruit mask was the "purifying" mask, but I don't know if it made a difference on my skin.  It was extremely moisturizing and felt great on the skin so I can't wait to use the other ones.

J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in Honeycrisp
J.Cat Beauty Lipstick:  Now I was actually excited to get a lipstick since I'm a huge lip junkie.  I was a bit scared after seeing scathing reviews about the color on the Ipsy review rooms.  People seemed to like the formula itself but hated the color.  Apparently it was a really hideous nude color that looked like "concealer lips" on them.  I agree with the formula in that it is very moisturizing and smooth.  The color itself is a bit light and yellow, but I find that if I just dab it on instead of swiping it on my lips, it becomes a wearable nude shade that I can appreciate.

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
Elizabeth Mott mascara:  So far I've liked the mascaras that Ipsy has sent to me.  This one is no exception, it works just as well as the Pixi Beauty mascara I received in August.  It doesn't volumize as advertised, but it does separate and lengthen my lashes.  The only complaint I have about it is that a lot of product comes out on the tip of the wand when you take it out.  I always have to clean it off and I find that a bit annoying.

Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil
Starlooks Kohl Pencil:  I was pretty excited to receive this because I always like trying eyeliner for my waterline.  I've heard many good things about Kohl pencils so this was an exciting first for me.  It goes on very creamy and has enough pigmentation on my arm swatch.  However, when I used it on my waterline, it was not as pigmented and I had to layer a lot which caused irritation.  It had decent staying power though and I could still see the color on my waterline after a couple of hours.

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Cryptonite
NYX Eye Shadow:  I have been meaning to try NYX eyeshadows for awhile after seeing lots of swatches from fellow beauty bloggers.  I received the color Cryptonite in my bag and it's a smoky charcoal gray with silver glitter.  I did not like this at all.  The gray was not pigmented and the glitter feels chunky on the lids.  I would definitely not recommend this color to anyone.


Daylight:  J.Cat lipstick, Starlooks Eye Pencil, NYX Cryptonite

Flash:  J.Cat Lipstick, Starlooks Eye Pencil, NYX Cryptonite

I really liked the theme of the bag and thought that Ipsy could have chosen much better products for their smoky eye look.  Cryptonite was extremely disappointing but I suppose that was the only dud product in the bag.  I'm just really happy about the bag itself and how beautiful it is.  What are your thoughts on Ipsy's September bag?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment